What should I do in this case?

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I have 840 units of a product in Amazon warehouse of a good product but the instructions were printed incorrectly on the packaging, causing the item to be damaged when used.

With the correct instructions the item works just fine, but I’m struggling to sell and keep receiving bad reviews.

Keep that up and amazon will close the listing. Best to recall the product and close the listing. That assumes you are actually making money.

If you are not making any money selling on amazon don’t worry about it. Just click refund when they complain. That is how the overwhelming majority of 3P amazon sellers would handle it.

4 Likes

Did you not see them before they arrived at the Amazon Fulfillment center?

As @skeeter suggested, recall the product, and close the listing. You do that by placing a Removal Order.

5 Likes

@Mary

Also, you must recall it. DO NOT have amazon dispose of it. What happens is they will sell it to a liquidator and every amazon 3P seller within driving distance of warehouse with gaylords full of amazon returns will be buying it up.

When they buy it up it goes directly back onto amazon WITH YOUR BAD LABEL, see where this is going. Get it back, repackage or dispose of the stuff your self. If you don’t that listing will be trashed by the 3P sellers shopping at the liquidation warehouse.

5 Likes

Sadly you’ll need to create a removal order and have new instructions replaced. You may even need to create a new ASIN if your reviews are too bad!

2 Likes

Thank you, I was thinking that. Do you have any idea if the warehouse charges removal fees?

2 Likes

Yes.

The fees are based on the unit weight, product dimensions, and dimensional weight of a packaged item. Here are the current FBA removal order fees.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Do you think it would be a good idea to send a pro-active follow up email to all customers post purchase with the information?

1 Like

While Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging Service has very limited choices, in this case I would alert the customers.

I hope all goes well…

2 Likes