Someone bought out my inventory of one ASIN on Friday and payment is still pending

Only about $150 but it seems fishy that payment hasn’t gone through.

What do y’all think?

Contact the buyer to inquire about the payment status for the purchased ASIN and consider taking appropriate action if there’s no response or resolution. Monitor the situation closely for any signs of potential fraud or irregularities.

I have a pending order still on mine from Oct 21! Still waiting payment. Not much you can do on your side

2 Likes

And here I was wondering about mine that’s pending 2 weeks now. Lol. The crazy world of amazon selling

1 Like

It’s FBA and buyer is not disclosed until payment

Here are some of the most common reasons for orders being in Pending status:

• Amazon has been unable to obtain authorization for the buyer’s credit card.

• The buyer selected convenience store payment but hasn’t completed the payment.

• For an FBA order, the buyer has qualified for free shipping and the order is waiting for all of the order items to be gathered.

• For an FBA order, if the order is for multiple items but one item is out of stock. Even if Amazon chooses to divide the order and send the in-stock FBA Units, the order will still show Pending status.

You need to remember that these are Amazon’s customers, not yours. When you signed up for the FBA platform, you turned order processing, and customer service, over to them. Do not interfere.

Whatever you do DO NOT CONTACT THE CUSTOMER, especially regarding their payment status.

7 Likes

You can only wait for payment verification or order will be cancelled automatically by amazon.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation. No, I cannot contact the customer because the contact details are not shown. My order is pending.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Because Pending orders generally turn into paid sales, you don’t have to worry.

2 Likes

This is normal.

As soon as the payment clears it will be shipped. Nothing you can do about it, if it doesn’t clear after a certain time it will automatically be cancelled by Amazon.

However, if they bought all of your inventory, it could be a competitor deliberately tying up your stock.

3 Likes

I tend to agree with that, without seeing the item it is hard to say. Could also be an online arbitrage player that is waiting for the funds to settle and want to make sure the item is not sold out since the price is more than likely the lowest one. Its hard to say, so much BS going on.

3 Likes

Thank you all for advice.

Why would they do this? How can they tie up inventory without paying?

So they can hurt you.

Amazon is the great facilitator of acts of hate against sellers. If it does not negatively impact amazon’s profit then nothing will ever be done about.

What they are doing to you has been going on for so long, its among the ranks for negative feedback, broken returns and what ever else they can get away with.

3 Likes

I agree with @skeeter. Tying up a seller’s inventory is a common practice - especially before major shopping events such as Black Friday. Your inventory will be unavailable, so someone else gets to make the genuine sales.

What I don’t understand though is how can someone have their card pre-charged for the order but eventually not charged?? When trying to place an order on Amazon with insufficient balance on my card, the payment gets declined on the spot. So how can someone successfully tie up tens or even hundreds of units of inventory for days or weeks?

The sum would be surely already withheld from their card as a pre-charge, so they cannot spend it in the meantime?

2 Likes