RA Education, Tools, Software, Services

Let’s discuss all of the things that help Retail Arbitrage sellers thrive in their Amazon Journeys!

-Jonathon

1 Like

What free tools are you using? Right now I only know and use ArbitrageHub.app

1 Like

I can’t think of a free tool that I use besides money savers and buy now pay later offers. Some wouldn’t consider those tools though. Examples: Rakuten, Afterpay, Affirm

What is your budget for tools?

1 Like

One good thing to source in the beginning if you have low capital is used books. You can really find some gold if you look through enough. Libraries, second hand stores, yard and estate sales, etc. are some places to source. Old history books l, especially war books, can be big hits. Old college books can be nice if they aren’t too covered on markings.

Remember when selling used items to describe all that you find flawed with the book. Yep, that means you need to at least skip through the pages to check it out. The better the description with used, the better chances it won’t be returned.

5 Likes

True! When I was either in the UK or the US, what shocked me was how cheaply (or even freely) were people giving away books. They could be seen stacked next to bins or on the pavement in front of houses with a paper note inviting anyone to take them.

It’s a golden mine and a free source of income. It seems like regular people are too lazy to go book after book and list them for sale.

2 Likes

Exactly! This is a great starting point for someone with a lot of drive, but very little money.

1 Like

Also, second-hand clothes - but not on Amazon

1 Like

Yes, but in my opinion there is a little more knowledge needed for that than some brand new sellers might have. You really need to know what brands are good and what styles have a vintage audience to maximize your time vs profit. You can’t really just scan and read the data either, like you can with a UPC product.

I can take someone with ZERO knowledge about brands, and teach them how to use the proper tools, then it doesn’t matter what they know about products. You just have to get good at analyzing the data and strongly stick to your buying parameters. After that, it’s the will and patience to get good at knowing where, and what to look for.

3 Likes

Is having a LLC as opposed to Individual seller beneficial for RA?

1 Like

Not necessarily for RA specifically, but if you want to keep your business assets separated from your personal it is wise to register your business with an llc.

The CKB Easy Buy’’ free use sourcing tool

1 Like

I will look into this, do you have a link? Thanks!!

1 Like

Sure - THE CKB Easybuy - Chrome Web Store

1 Like

Thank you!!! :grin:

Just looking at it, this is created for importing from China only?

1 Like

That’s correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! We generally don’t go that route, but I will keep it in mind for anyone wanting to use it :+1:

Do you think it’s okay to hire a VA with fixed monthly fees (medium) with profit percentage?

1 Like

Are you saying that you will pay them a fixed fee for hours worked, then an extra % on top of that? What all will the VA do for you? I don’t know anyone doing that personally. Most people I know of use Upwork, or VA placement.

2 Likes

I need a VA for product research, who is familiar with tools and software. But I am worried about Amazon flagging my account for having someone access it from different countries. Do you have experience with this?

1 Like