How does the "Return to address" option at "Automated unfulfillable settings" actually work?

For like 3 months now I opted for the “Return” option instead of dispose and value recovery. And so far I have received around 10% of the total number of refunds that I have.

Is that normal? Or where are the rest? I thought Amazon will be sending back to address all refunded products.

Are you opted into “refurbishment” and “grade and resell”. If so, amazon is going to grade the return and relist it in whatever condition they deem it to be in. You should be seeing the skus they create on your manage inventory page

2 Likes

No, I am not. But meanwhile I understood that Amazon sends me back the item that are in the unfulfillable category and should be destroyed, right? I mean they still check the refunds and if they think the product is good, they add it back to the inventory to resell it.

2 Likes

Yup, thats correct. If its in new condition they will add it back to your inventory and resell it for you

1 Like

Thank you. Where can I see all the stats showing what happened to each FBA return?

Too bad there is no option for all refunds to be sent back. Because many times Amazon doesn’t check the product for missing pieces, and then the customers receives a bad product, and I receive a bad review…

1 Like

If that happens. You can fight the bad review and says it’s amazon/the fba center’s fault and they will generally remove it

2 Likes

Choosing “Return” over “Dispose” in settings for unfulfillable items typically leads to items being sent back for inspection and potential resale. It’s unusual to receive only 10% of returns with the Return. Contact Amazon Seller Support to inquire about the missing returns and clarify the process.

2 Likes