Customer unable to return nonreturnable item

Hello everyone …

One customer wanted to return a baby item. He messages me. I told him to return it, as it was FBA but he was not able to return it as it is a non returnable item.

My Question is that what is the way to reimburse him the money.

Shall I do the transfer or is there a way through amazon sellercentral?

Tell him to contact Amazon.

1 Like

As @0ptimus said, tell them to contact Amazon, that’s what you pay your FBA fee for.

Is up to you to refund him or not …

You have the option to ignore him and just let him deal with Amazon, or as a good will, you can refund him … To be honest, depending on the value of the item and the approach of the client I refund or not although I don’t have to.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out with your question regarding reimbursing a customer for a non-returnable item. While the item was fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) and marked as non-returnable, it’s still important to address the customer’s concerns and provide a satisfactory resolution.

If you’re unable to process a return through Amazon’s standard return process, you have a couple of options for reimbursing the customer:

1. Manual Refund: You can initiate a manual refund to the customer through your payment provider or banking system. This typically involves transferring the refund amount directly to the customer’s bank account or issuing a refund to their credit card. Be sure to communicate with the customer and obtain any necessary information, such as their preferred payment method and account details, to facilitate the refund.

2. Gift Card or Store Credit: Alternatively, you could offer the customer a gift card or store credit as a form of reimbursement. This allows the customer to use the credit towards a future purchase from your store or on Amazon’s platform, providing them with value and maintaining goodwill.

While these options may involve additional administrative steps on your end, they can help ensure a positive customer experience and mitigate any potential negative feedback or disputes.

Regarding reimbursement through Amazon Seller Central, it’s worth checking if there are any specific guidelines or processes in place for handling refunds for non-returnable items. Amazon may offer alternative solutions or assistance in resolving customer issues, so it’s worth exploring your options within the platform.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with processing the reimbursement, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help you navigate through the process and ensure a satisfactory resolution for both you and the customer.

1 Like