Customer damaged FBA return

I have an unfulfilled inventory that is “customer-damaged”. What does that mean?

Have the customer damaged the product or did the customer receive a damaged product?

The link that says “Why are my items unfulfillable?” does not work.

It means that Amazon has evaluated the condition of the returned item, and determined that it is unsellable (defective or damaged, for example). They have assessed that the customer caused the damage.

Have the customer damaged the product or did the customer receive a damaged product?

If the customer received a damaged product, Amazon would have to accept responsibility for the damage, and you would be eligible for a reimbursement. So, in the case, they determine the customer damaged it.

The link that says “Why are my items unfulfillable?” does not work.

A returned item is classified as unsellable for the following reasons:

• The item is not in the same condition as previously listed.

• It is defective, damaged, opened, lacking required labeling, prohibited, or otherwise unsuitable.

• The item may pose a health or safety risk to our associates, or to the next customer who buys it. Examples of these items may include, but are not restricted to, consumables, personal care products, and products with expiration dates.

For items categorized as Defective or Customer Damaged , you must submit a removal order within 30 days after the returned item arrives at the fulfillment center. If you don’t, Amazon will dispose of it.

You could request that they return or dispose of your unsellable inventory automatically.

Remove inventory automatically

And no. You will not receive reimbursement for Customer Damaged items.

5 Likes

As @FunkyMonkey says, it means the customer returned the item after opening it. You can initiate a removal order, repack the item, and if feasible, reship it to Amazon.

In case you want to check whether the customer received damaged item or not, then go to customer voice.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @FunkyMonkey and @usman65 !

1 Like