Hiive been trying to do disbursement all day and won’t allow even thou funds are there any ideas ???
If your available balance on Amazon is zero or less, it means that there are no funds available for disbursement. There are several reasons why this may occur:
- Negative balance: If you have refunds, chargebacks, or other deductions that exceed the funds in your account, it can result in a negative balance. In such cases, Amazon will not be able to disburse any funds until the balance is positive.
- Account suspension or restriction: If your Amazon seller account is suspended or restricted, it can prevent the disbursement of funds. Amazon may hold the funds until the issue with your account is resolved.
- Pending transactions: If there are pending transactions, such as pending orders or pending refunds, it can affect the available balance. Disbursements may be temporarily delayed until these transactions are processed and cleared.
To address this issue, you should:
- Review your account activity: Check your account transactions and balances to understand why your available balance is zero or less. Look for any pending transactions or deductions that might be impacting your balance.
- Resolve any outstanding issues: If there are any negative balances or account-related issues, work on resolving them. This may involve addressing customer disputes, providing requested information, or resolving any account suspension or restriction issues.
- Contact Amazon Seller Support: Reach out to Amazon Seller Support to discuss the specific issue and seek assistance. They will be able to provide you with information and guidance based on your account’s circumstances.
It’s important to communicate with Amazon directly to understand the reasons behind the zero or negative balance and work toward a resolution. They will be able to provide you with specific information and steps to rectify the situation.