Would you pay $8,000 for FBA expert to help you select a product?

Hey Amazon sellers,

my wife and I are considering and looking at going with the Rainmaker Master Mind, but it is $6,800 up front, or $8,800 if you want Rainmaker to help select a product for us thru their “Done for you Product”. We just don’t know what we don’t know. We were excited about the FBA opportunity, and Rainmaker was the first group that we had started to plug into.

However, the first gal we were talking with left the company, the 2nd guy we were paired up with emailed us for a week or two, then disappeared. After lots of messages to their general “support email”, someone finally got back with us and has now set up a meeting for us to get started.

However, it looks like we have to give them out money up front before finding out anything about what products they are coming up with, etc.

Does anyone have any experience or input on the Rainmaker Family ? We have borrowed money from family with interest to be able to get into this industry, but just don’t want to make a mistake, and would love if any of you could share your knowledge and experience, as you are more experienced in this field.

1 Like

You could set up multiple private label products with that cost. I used fiverr for help with product research and photography and listing I pay for someone to do my adds. My first 2 product are selling really well and I have used those to recoup my setup costs and they are funding my next 2 products which are both on the way to Amazon warehouse in the uk. My total cost for my first pl product including everything, business set up included was €4900 . Best of luck with the new business.

4 Likes

$8800 to select a product is insane! Note that an average Amazon agency would charge around $1500-2000/month to an entirely new brand. Any brand starting on Amazon will take at least 3 months to become profitable, bear in mind the pre-launch expenses and the profitability timeline.

If you understand how the whole system works, better to handle each stage yourself. Only approach the agency when you’re stuck with growth

4 Likes

I would never pay that kind of money up front to a class. Most info you can find for free on YouTube or from Facebook groups.

2 Likes

Do not do it! it is not a guarantee! I was an employee of an Amazon guru years ago and he had something exactly like this. I did not help him sell courses, I was the employee who shopped for products/Brands. Once I realized how shady this was, I left. A lot of clients lost thousands and thousands of dollars.

Hire someone to do product research for you. Be very very careful!

1 Like

You have to put the effort in. In the end it still is a business. There is no shortcut yes a class might depending on what is taught save you a few mistakes but if you’re not willing to put in the effort you already failed.

2 Likes

Its a scam. Do not ever pay for any course, paid group that is more than £50-100 monthly.

1 Like

I’ve been part of the Rainmakers for over a year, but only did the week-long program (the $49 one to be precise) I think that with the right mindset, you don’t need any Masterclass or “guru” to get you started with this business (especially if they ask you thousands of $$ for it). I have done enough research on youtube and in these FB groups to get all the info I needed to get started. If I have a question, I browse through the posts and almost always find an answer. If not, ask away and someone will always be ready to help you out. All of this to say, selling on Amazon is a business, and like any business will require an initial upfront invesment to get started, I don’t think investing extra money on a Mastermind is necessary, as long as you’re motivated, invested and curious enough to get all the info you need through all the resources you have available for free.

1 Like

That is key.

If you actually worked hard for the money you would NEVER fall for it.

If they actually knew what product to sell they would be selling it, that is a fact…

1 Like

It sounds like Rainmaker is Private Label coaching, which I personally wouldn’t recommend as your introduction to Amazon, even if you had a lot of money to invest. It’s very risky and there are a lot of unknown costs such as advertising / PPC which you won’t truly know until you launch.

Here’s my thoughts with coaching as a provider of paid coaching and mentoring.

There are a lot of variables at play and whilst you can make a success of Amazon without paid support, you will pay for it in other ways.

You’ll pay for it with mistakes, bad buys and wasted time. Trust me. I’ve been there. Many times.

If free information was enough to make a successful business, you would see a lot more successes in the groups and in the forums. Instead you see people struggling, blaming Amazon and generally getting into drama.

Coaching isn’t a guarantee of success either, signing up to a program and expecting everything done for you, will end up in disappointment. The relationship needs to work both ways.

3 Likes

Personally i would not pay a single penny for any Amazon FBA course. You can find all information on youtube. Most of the any done for you programs are scam, i will kindly ask you to avoid these online courses. But hey… if you think this money is nothing to you, it’s really your call.

2 Likes

Consider using Helium 10. There is a trial or low cost membership. During this time you can view Freedom ticket, a course on how to sell on Amazon. I believe they also have videos on YouTube. Believe me you will need the 6k for inventory and to start your Amz FBA journey.

Try to learn for yourself first. Do market analysis and product research. Then, if you fully grasp the basics and how Amazon’s private label works, you can hire a VA to help you out. Stay away from ppl who offer courses. With that amount, you can already trademark your future brand and enroll it on the brand registry.

1 Like

Never heard of the outfit you mentioned. You can learn the basics for free and learn as you grow. Invest your money in inventory. Check out Will Rivera and/or Adam Ginsburg on YouTube, or just search for Amazon FBA. I’m not saying courses won’t help you, but do some research and look into various opportunities before you decide to spend a large amount. Look at what they are actually offering for the amount of money they’re charging you. If possible, find reviews by previous clients/students. Good luck.

2 Likes

This should be the amount of your first order, not just a fee to some hyped up agency! If you need help with getting your merchandise directly from manufacturers in China, including private label, let me know. JoomPro can help you with the entire purchasing process and we even waive our tiny service fee of 5% as a holiday special until the end of the year.

Regards,
Sylvester

4 Likes

While I agree you can research and learn most of what you need to know to sell on Amazon, if your time is limited I highly recommend Tim Sander’s Private Label Masters. His price is significantly less than what you are talking about (although far from cheap). Even more important he shares everything you need to know to be successful including his photographers, copy writers, graphic designers, etc. There is also a community of successful sellers to ask questions in. I’ve been very impressed and highly recommend his program