Would like to know the rules on posting Jewellery listing images

I understand the rule is just the product (necklace) on a white background. But what if the necklace has a meaning card with it. Can the necklace be on a meaning card on a white background?

A little insight here would be appreciated

Hello @shania,

thank you for posting into our forum.

The main product image when it comes to jewelry has to show just the product itself - without any cards or other packaging.

I know this for sure, as I sell jewelry and Amazon suppressed any such products that had cards included in the image.

There can be no accessories, just the product.

3 Likes

Jewelry image requirements

For main images:

• Use pure white backgrounds (RGB 255, 255, 255). Where the image is a close-up (example, a pendant necklace) and part of the item extends beyond the image edge, fade out the product at the outermost edge of the image so that the border remains white.
  • Show the actual product (not a graphic or illustration).
  • Don’t include borders, watermarks, inset images, logos, or text.
  • Don’t include a mannequin or a model.

For all images:

• Use one of the supported formats: JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), or GIF (.gif). We prefer JPEG.
  • Images should measure at least 1,000 pixels or larger in either height or width. This minimum size requirement enables zoom function on the website.
  • The image’s longest side can be no less than 500 pixels and no more than 2100 pixels.
  • The product must be outside of any packaging or shrink-wrap that obscures the product.
  • The product should occupy at least 80 percent of the image area.
  • The images must only include what the customer will receive. Do not show accessories that are not part of the product.

For additional guidelines and examples of acceptable and unacceptable images for jewelry products, refer to the Jewelry Style Guide.

5 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

You are very welcome, and best wishes…

2 Likes