Will it harm my account stats if I sell a different brand before launching my own?

Hello all,

I plan on launching my very first private label product within a few months on Amazon as I await for my trademark to get approved.

In the meanwhile, the supplier suggested that I could start selling their product brand for the time being and will provide me with an authorization letter. Considering my budget is 3-5k, would this be a good approach or should I focus on launching/selling my brand instead?

Thanks in advance!

This way, you can gain experience in selling on Amazon and build up your budget for launching your own private label product later on. Just make sure to consider the long-term goals of building your own brand and allocate resources accordingly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I do believe this is a practical way for me to start

1 Like

Definitely…!!

1 Like

No, why would it hurt your account? As a newbie, you will want to establish a selling history, gain some feedback from buyers and this can be accomplished by selling someone else’s products before heading into private label.

2 Likes

No need to wait for trademark approval. You can kickstart your brand registration on Amazon using the trademark application number and photo of your product packaging with your brand name, since verification can be a bit of a wait.

Now, when it comes to budgeting, it really hinges on what product you’re diving into. If it’s a high-value item, your current budget might fall short. My suggestion? Consider launching with a lower-priced item, nothing below $10, and shipping in smaller quantities. This way, you can stash away some capital for marketing efforts. Plus, any revenue generated from initial sales can fuel your plans for the second shipment.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Just a question, since my trademark is still in pending status, do I still get the same benefit/protection from brand registry?

2 Likes

Yes after having the brand registry.

2 Likes

You get a lot of benefits but not the complete protection.

It takes roughly 8+ months for trademark to be approved. What I did was get my brand registry while the trademark is pending it’s the best move otherwise you’ll be waiting a year to register.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Was there any trademark issues with Amazon while it was still pending?

3 Likes

Nope it’s still pending and I’m still selling

2 Likes