What does it mean when Amazon say I’ve have ‘liquidation removal’ set up?

I’m hoping that doesn’t mean Amazon sell it off for nothing?

Looks like ‘liquidation’ is selected by default? Ffs sake. £2399 item gone.

No. They are going sell it to a liquidator.

Instead of paying to remove or dispose of excess or customer-returned FBA inventory, you can to use FBA Liquidations process to have the inventory liquidated through a liquidator.

liquidators will purchase your inventory for a gross recovery value, which is about 5% to 10% of its ASP. Amazon will then deduct fees and pay you the net recovery value.

Do you have any other option?

3 Likes

This means that unsellable units will be liquidated for very low cost instead of the item being returned to you.

How do I know if an item was liquidated? Is it always the case that they pay me?

Will be minimal money back.

You can change your settings so they don’t liquidate and send back unaellable units to you but you would have to pay for return to you

1 Like

If your items were liquidated, they should be included in the Removal order detail report..

Is it always the case that they pay me?

If there are any funds left after Amazon collects their liquidation fees, the balance would be paid to you.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Best wishes…

Actually, the liquidation can sometimes even be profitable but it all depends on your profit margins and the product’s original purchase price.

If you are selling a $1 Alibaba trinket for $49.99, then the liquidation price may be around $5, so you will still make money.

1 Like