What cameras are you guys using for product pictures?

Hi,

I’ve bought a couple now and they’re not as good as my Samsung phone, but the phone pics are not really crystal clear!

What should my budget be? Thanks.

Consider a professional photographer with experience in product photography. Review portfolios, check references, discuss your needs and budget, and make sure you have a clear contract in place.

If you would like to arrange it yourself, you need a DSLR camera. You need to know how to use it properly. You need good lighting and know how to use the lighting to best highlight your product. Then you should use a good editing program like Photoshop. 

3 Likes

It is recommended that you find a professional photographer, you can also use your supplier’s pictures.

3 Likes

Zecti Shooting Tents, Photo Studio, Photo Light Box, and my iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZMJXD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It cost $28.99

While this one is not available now, something similar would work really well.

5 Likes

Shooting tents are the way to go if you don’t want to spent money on a professional photographer. You can find good ones on Aliexpress for a mere $10-20.

5 Likes

About 99% of our inventory is sourced directly from USA manufacturers. I collect all the information about each item, and their stock photos.at the time of purchase.

We have the Zecti Shooting Tent that I posted above. Because most of our inventory is small, It did a great job for those that we didn’t have, and the chew toys we make ourselves.

3 Likes

Here is a good guide I used:

3 Likes

First was a Sony Mavica, before that I used a camera that used what is known as film. You had to take it to a processor. After getting them back we used a Hi-Resolution flatbed scanner.

2 Likes

At some point in the past, I used to be hiring a professional photographer spending thousands of euros.

However, these days, get an iPhone (or another phone), buy the portable photo booth tent on Aliexpress and a portable phone tripod with lighting.

Here is how I take my pictures (for eBay):

4 Likes

I’ve got a proper photo shoot set up, just need the correct camera, I’m happy taking shots myself

1 Like

GREAT!

I have an iPhone 13. It takes better pictures than my expensive camera.

Best wishes…

4 Likes

We still use a camera that is 12 years old, at the time it was a high end sony.

You just need to practice and learn how to use adobe photoshop. Both have a a fairly long learning curve. Years ago we had techs that all they did for 8 hours a day was photograph and list items on ebay. One of them got extremely good and photoshop became click, click and some other tricks for a good photo. Much of our stuff was large so a light box would not work, don’t believe they used one even with the small stuff. When taking pictures is your daily grind you will get very good.

6 Likes

I’m a private label seller, and I use my cell phone for all of my listing photos. Your cell phone is really good enough. To take really good product photos. But you have to have good lighting conditions, a tripod and know how to use a cell phone camera. This isn’t just whip it out of your pocket and press the button.

If you go on YouTube, there’s plenty of videos showing how to do good product photography.

2 Likes