Was wondering if someone has come across this same Account Verification issue we have or know how to approach it

We’ve been selling for over 5 years, no issues, no account changes, Limited, UK, I’m the only beneficial owner (also living in UK, lifetime). Out of the blue our account is going through verification. Nothing has sparked this, there’s been no account changes like I said. I understand that from time to time they can put you through verification just to make sure everything is up to date so I’m just assuming it’s this.

Anyway, the issue is that they keep asking for beneficial owner information. Nothing has changed so I just check it and resubmit it for verification. 3 days later they send it back asking for exactly the same thing again. Over and over. I can’t change anything as nothing needs changing and everything is correct.

The only thing I can think of it possibly they want to see my driver licence that the ID info asks for but there’s no upload button to do that. Full name I give is exactly as it is on the driving licence.

I’m getting concerned we’re on day 30 out of the 60 days they give you to do it before they shut us down. I’ve contacted seller support asking exactly what it was they’re stumbling on (but were useless)

They just said to check “performance notifications” for what is needed (which is the exact text and email they send asking for beneficial owner).

Just going around and around. Any advice?

Hello,

We recently contacted you as we need the beneficial owners of your business to be registered on your account to continue with the account verification.

How do I submit the required information?

To continue with your account verification, add all in-scope beneficial owners by following the instructions below.

1. Go to the “Identity Information” section of Seller Central:

Amazon Sign In

1. Click “+Add beneficial owner” which is located at the bottom of the screen, in blue font.
2. Enter the beneficial owner’s details.
3. Click “Save”.
4. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for all in-scope beneficial owners.
5. Click “Submit for verification”

Who is a beneficial owner?

Beneficial owners are individuals who meet any of the following criteria:

1. Individuals who directly or indirectly own more than 25% of the shares or voting rights in your business.
2. If you cannot identify beneficial owners via 1), beneficial owners are individuals who control the company through other means.
3. If beneficial owners cannot be identified via 1) or 2), any individual who holds the position of senior managing official is considered a beneficial owner, such as a chief executive officer, chief financial officer, managing or executive director or president.

If you are unable to identify the beneficial owners of your business you may seek independent legal advice.

Ensure that you communicate any future change of beneficial ownership to us as soon as possible.

What happens if I do not update the required information?

If you do not provide the requested information, your account will be restricted as follows:

– In 60 days from the date we first reached out, your funds may no longer be

What documents you’re submitting for the beneficial owner of account? They’re not asking from you any personal proof of address or identity detail. Actually they have concern with business ownership details of beneficial ownership like as you can see they clearly mentioned. Can you share your first page business or Account info identity with me DM please so better can assist and guide you. Don’t make wrong attempt also check most recent or first notification email you received regarding beneficial ownership verification. Let me know if you need help so better can guide you don’t make wrong attempt otherwise it’s quite hard if they failed in verification process by APUk verification Team. Best of luck

Yes they would need to see a copy of the driving licence. Try using a utility bill, that may give you the option to upload the document.

The only option for ID is driving licence, passport or National ID card. None of them trigger an upload button. I only have a driving licence anyway. I’ve opened a case with them so I think I’ll got back to it and attach a photo of my driving licence. Maybe one of the CS can tag it on for me, back end.

IIRC, the last time I had to upload verification docs the upload button was pretty hidden, they don’t make things easy do they!

I remember initial verification being straight forward but this time there’s no upload button to be seen (or hidden).

1 Like