Verification for UK charity using APA for Amazon Alexa Skill

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is a little niche but I am desperate seeking some advice on this. I work for quite a large charity and we have had an alexa skill developed to take donations. We need an Amazon pay account to take the payments through and I can’t get verified. Every time we think we are getting close they throw another thing at us. My account was completely deactivated for months with no movement until recently. The latest issue is that we have an external link on our website. This link is essential to our fundraising. Unfortunately we need to remove it before we can proceed. Even though our website is nothing to do with why we need to take payments. I haven’t come across any other organisation who has had such a tricky time with amazon pay. This has been going on for months and months with no end in sight. Does anyone have any advice? We have spent a lot of money on our skill and can’t use it.

I understand your frustration with the challenges you’re facing in getting your charity’s Amazon Pay account verified and being able to use your Alexa skill to accept donations. While I don’t have access to specific account details or the ability to address account-specific issues, I can offer some general suggestions:

1. Communication with Amazon: Continue to engage with Amazon Pay support and clearly explain your situation and the importance of the external link on your website for your fundraising efforts. Ask for specific guidance on how to resolve this issue and what steps you can take to meet their requirements.
  2. Understand Amazon’s policies: Review Amazon’s policies and guidelines for using Amazon Pay, especially regarding external links and website content. Ensure that your website aligns with their requirements and make any necessary adjustments or modifications to comply with their rules.
  3. Seek clarification: If there are specific concerns or requirements that Amazon has raised regarding the external link on your website, request detailed explanations or examples to help you better understand their concerns. This can assist you in addressing the issue more effectively.
  4. Explore alternative payment solutions: While Amazon Pay may be convenient for many situations, consider exploring alternative payment solutions that may be more flexible for your charity’s needs. There are other payment processors and donation platforms available that could serve as viable alternatives for accepting donations through your Alexa skill.
  5. Seek professional assistance: If you continue to encounter difficulties, it may be helpful to consult with professionals who specialize in working with Amazon Pay or similar payment platforms. They can provide guidance, advice, and potentially assist in finding a resolution to the specific challenges you’re facing.

Remember that every organization’s situation is unique, and the experiences of others may not necessarily reflect your own. It’s important to persist in your communication with Amazon Pay support, clearly articulate your needs, and seek solutions that align with their requirements.

I hope these suggestions help, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issues and being able to use your Alexa skill for accepting donations.