US marketplace verification issue

We have created our Amazon UK account using UK LTD details, but Amazon has initiated verification for the US marketplace too and is asking for tax information. Can anyone help us out with this? It is to mention that the company director is UK based.

Moreover, should we close this marketplace after activating it as we will only be selling in UK marketplace for now?

Are you using an IP address outside of the UK to sign up? You need to be in the UK to sign up to Amazon FBA UK. Amazon checks all IP addresses

Director is UK based and it was opened using UK IP address

It’s not true. People living outside of UK can also open seller account.

1 Like

I had the same problem, I´m from the UK opening in the US marketplace and I opened a case and they told me that I wasn’t able to close European marketplaces because I opened the account globally, and when you do this you can’t close specific marketplaces. The solution they gave me is to remove the professional plan from the unwanted markets switch them to an individual plan and keep the professional plan only in the US, like this, Amazon won´t ask me for things like taxes and company documents… I´m waiting till the date my professional plan is renewed to see if it works. You have an option in your seller central to remove the plan on specific markets only…

1 Like