Updating generic listings into my new trademarked brand

I have my trademark confirmed but I need advice on how to approach it with Amazon so that I can change my current listing from brand generic, to my now trademarked brand.

Has anyone accomplished this with little back and forth with Amazon? If so, can I see how you worded the email to them and what sort of case did you open?

Should I start by amending the title, description, imagery etc or shall I first get the brand changed?

Hello,

Congratulations on confirming your trademark! Securing a trademark for your brand is a significant achievement and an essential step towards protecting your intellectual property rights.

To update your Amazon listings with your newly trademarked brand, there are a few steps you can take:

1. Contact Amazon Seller Support: Start by reaching out to Amazon Seller Support to request a brand change for your listings. You can do this by opening a case through Seller Central and selecting the appropriate category (e.g., “Listing Issues” or “Brand Registry”).

2. Provide Documentation: When opening the case, be sure to provide documentation of your trademark registration, including the trademark certificate or registration number. This helps verify your ownership of the brand and facilitates the brand change process.

3. Request Specific Changes: Clearly outline the changes you’d like to make to your listings, such as updating the brand name, title, description, and imagery to reflect your trademarked brand. The more specific and detailed your request, the easier it will be for Amazon to process the changes accurately.

4. Be Patient and Persistent: While some sellers have reported success in updating their listings with minimal back and forth with Amazon, the process can vary depending on various factors, including Amazon’s workload and the complexity of your request. Be prepared to follow up with Amazon and provide any additional information or documentation they may require.

As for whether to start by amending the title, description, and imagery or changing the brand first, it may depend on your specific situation and preferences. Some sellers prefer to update the brand first to establish consistency across their listings, while others may choose to make incremental changes to avoid disruptions to sales.

Ultimately, the key is to communicate clearly with Amazon, provide the necessary documentation, and be proactive in following up on your request. By approaching the process strategically and diligently, you can increase your chances of success in updating your listings with your trademarked brand.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help you navigate through the brand change process and ensure compliance with Amazon’s policies and guideline.