Announcement reposted from Amazon Belgium:
According to the new VAT legislation in Belgium, sellers are required to upload a valid VAT registration number (VRN) in Seller Central by January 1, 2024.
Amazon is legally obliged to collect proof of compliance and **may suspend non-compliant seller accounts,**which will affect sales on Amazon.com.be or to customers in Belgium.
You must submit a Belgian VRN in Seller Central if:
- You have inventory stored in Belgium; OR
- Your primary address is in Belgium and you generate more than €25,000 in sales per year; OR
- Your primary address is outside of EU and you conduct business-to-business sales to customers in EU; OR
- Your primary address is outside of EU and you conduct sales from non-EU to Belgium in a shipment with intrinsic value greater than 150 euros.
You can either choose to submit a Belgian VRN or confirm your Union One-Stop-Shop (UOSS) status for your home country in Seller Central, to report all EU business-to-consumer cross border sales under UOSS, if:
- Your primary address is in EU but not in Belgium and you conduct business-to-consumer distance sales to customers in Belgium; OR
- Your primary address is in EU but not in Belgium and you have total distance sales from all sales channels within Europe in excess of 10,000 EUR per year.
If you already have a Belgian VRN, you can submit it in Seller Central - Amazon Sign In.
If you need to request a Belgian VRN, you can request it from the Belgian Tax Authority (https://finance.belgium.be/en/enterprises/vat), which can take approximately 2 to 8 weeks.
To enter a UOSS contract, check how to register for UOSS in EU member states - https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gc/vat-education/eu-dr?ref=BEJSL_news_UOSS.
We are here to help
To learn more, go to the following help pages:
- Tax obligations in Belgium - https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GGTX8THLMMDJ3WBP?ref=BEJSL_news_jslbehp
- VAT information - Amazon Sign In