Unable to setup Login and Pay with Amazon

Hi All,

I am working on an Amazon Pay integration for a client, however, I am unable to register for the Login and Pay with Amazon integration.

At first, the client sent us the details for an account they’d set up. This all worked as per usual (and the guide I am about to link you to was perfectly applicable, the screenshots matched up, everything) until we tried to go live, it was only then that I noticed the notifications from Amazon saying that another Amazon account had already registered with the domain of the clients website, and that we had to use the other account instead.

So, I got the details of the old account from the client, and when I [followed this guide|Register | Amazon Pay EU] , none of the instructions/screenshots aligned with what I was seeing when I was logged into the account. However, as I said above, with the original account I tried, the instructions and screenshots aligned with what I was seeing when logged into the account.

Attached, are two screenshots. I have omitted some info from the screenshots. The screenshots are as follows:

“Screenshot-1.png” is what I see in the top navigation menu when logged into the account Amazon told us to use. As you can see, it’s completely different from what’s in the guide. The contents of the dropdown menu is different too.

“Screenshot-2.png” is what I see when I sign back into the other account I tried to use to begin with. As you can see the bar is the same as is seen in the guide I linked to above, and the contents of the dropdown menu are the same.

Could anybody please explain why the two accounts have completely different layouts and content when signing into the exact same place?

Hi,

It appears that you are facing some challenges with the Amazon Pay integration and the differences you’re observing between two Amazon accounts. While I cannot view the attached screenshots, I can provide some general guidance to help you understand the situation.

1. Multiple Amazon accounts: It’s possible that the client has multiple Amazon accounts associated with their domain. This can happen if different individuals or teams within the organization set up separate accounts at different times.
  2. Account settings and user permissions: The differences in layouts and content between the two accounts may be due to variations in account settings, user permissions, or access levels. Amazon offers different features and options based on the type of account and associated permissions.
  3. Account registration and domain verification: When integrating Amazon Pay with a website, it’s essential to ensure that the domain is properly verified and associated with the correct Amazon account. This helps prevent unauthorized usage and ensures a secure integration process.
  4. Contact Amazon support: To address the issue and clarify the discrepancies, it’s recommended to reach out to Amazon support directly. They can provide specific guidance based on your situation and help you understand why the two accounts have different layouts and content.
  5. Provide detailed information: When contacting Amazon support, make sure to provide them with all relevant details, including the specific accounts involved, any error messages received, and any previous communication or documentation related to the integration process. The more information you provide, the better they can assist you.

It’s important to work closely with Amazon support to resolve any account-related issues and ensure a smooth integration process for your client’s website. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding account settings, domain verification, and integration procedures.

I recommend contacting Amazon support and explaining the situation to get the necessary assistance in aligning the correct account for your integration.