When enrolling for amazon brand registry, does doing the trademark filling by myself vs an attorney doing affect the process, if so how?
You can file a trademark application yourself with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The application process includes:
- Identifying the trademark you want to register
- Making sure you need a trademark
- Determining the specific goods or services you want your trademark to represent
- Searching the USPTO database
- Downloading the trademark application
- Filling out the trademark application on the USPTO website
- Listing your name, business information, and describing your mark
Filing a trademark application is complex and time-consuming. It’s important to understand trademark law to avoid making common mistakes. While you don’t need an attorney to file the application, you should hire one if you can afford it. Filing an application without an attorney can result in costly consequences later.
Due to the complexity of the process, I suppose Amazon wouldn’t be quick to accept a filing by yourself. Filing a trademark for your business name with the USPTO costs between $225 and $600,
Why go through it all when you have LegalZoom.com file the Trademark for you for a few dollars more.
Thank you @FunkyMonkey for the quick response. Is it faster to get a trademark registered by an attorney? How long does it take on average?
LegalZoom is handling the filing of our Trademark. The process takes about a year. I can’t image filing it yourself would save any time. They have an entire team.
You should consider hiring an attorney unless you have experience with trademark registration. The process can take several months, and there might be objections from other parties that you won’t be able to handle on your own.