Sponsored ad affecting organic ad placement

I am a new seller on Amazon so I’m trying to get my head around how it all works! I have noticed that when I reduce my pay per click bid my ad becomes less prominent as I might expect. What I want to know is does this affect the placement of my organic ad. It appears at the moment that without the sponsored ad working that my organic ad also appears much later in the listings. Can anybody tell me how this works? Thank you

When you reduce your (PPC) bid for sponsored ads, it can indeed affect the prominence of your ad within the sponsored listings. Lowering the bid typically reduces the likelihood of your ad being shown prominently or frequently.
However, it’s worth noting that sponsored ads and organic search results operate independently of each other on Amazon. The placement of your sponsored ad doesn’t directly impact the placement of your organic listing. The organic search results are determined by Amazon’s algorithm, which takes into account various factors such as relevance, customer reviews, pricing, and sales performance.

1 Like