Sourcing products as a newbie

Hi guys,

I’m in the uk and I’ve just managed to set everything up with Amazon, I’ve never done anything like this so I don’t know where to start, do I source things direct from a manufacturer or from a supplier?

Do I engage with either of these 2 face to face and ask for permission to sell their products?

Any information would be very helpful… thank you

You should learn before investing your money, clear your mind which model you want to pursue, get enough knowledge to start it else you will fail or will be trapped in some nonsense.

1 Like

There’s several paths to choose from; wholesale to amazon, manufacturer to amazon, factory to amazon(your own “branded” products), and even high street shops to amazon.

The most profitable model is private label (factory to amazon), but the best to start with would be wholesalers.

Keep in mind some branded listings that sell 1000s are either hogged by amazon, or restricted to certain sellers.

You’ll get the hang of it, wish u good luck

1 Like

If the product is not counterfeit or patented, you could buy and sell it directly. better to stick your own logo if you have.

1 Like

You are planning to start with wholesale model right?

There are 8 business models in Amazon :

*Online Arbitrage - you search for suppliers online

*Retail Arbitrage - you search on physical store or other stores have websites

*Wholesale - from the word itself you buy in bulk

*Replens products - you can buy on regular price but can sell high on amazon

*Dropshipping - you don’t keep inventory , you just order on the supplier and ship it directly on buyer

*Private Label - you create your own brand

*Amazon Flip - you buy on Amazon and sell it on a higher price

*Book Flipping - you only sell books

you should follow a business model first before you start buying products, gain some knowledge as to how the platform works.

1 Like

Which business model ?

1 Like

I haven’t totally excluded any options. Will continue to learn and decide later.