Something is going on

Hmm, while going through my listings, which have zero velocity although the selling prices of my competitors are between my minimum and maximum, I noticed that there were no sales for anyone. So, I pasted the ASIN in the search bar and noticed that they are not even showing, meaning they are search suppressed and then, I checked the asins in my inventory to see if it showing the status (Search suppressed) and they are only showing as normal (active) …

One of the asins had no category assigned - i tried to assign one but of course is not working and seller support does not help at all …

The other asins have category assigned so not sure what is wrong so i opened some cases but i expect some generic answers …

Hmm

Search suppressed products are still active because a customer can still purchase the product if they have a direct link to the listing like found by googling the product or customer is buying again using their orders page. The listing just will not show when searched in Amazon. Will it make many sales? Probably not since most people use the Amazon search to find a product sold on Amazon. To me, it makes no sense to search suppress when it can still be bought.

1 Like

Yes, exactly as masud530 says. Very often (most often?) I find that my searches yield no result on Amazon, but if I search on Google then I’m led to it if it exists on Amazon.

I’m not sure they would call all these listings ‘suppressed’ necessarily - many are just not classified as priority in their search engine system.

One other way I look for items - even as a buyer - is the “List your products” page (formerly called “Add a product”).
Among others, this page gives me an EAN/ barcode number, which I can then also search on ebay and everywhere else, including Google.

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/product-search?ref=xx_myiadprd_cont_myimain

But yes, buyers who are not sellers can’t use this way of finding items, and most won’t think of searching Google instead of Amazon, and yes I sell much less nowadays as my items don’t show - they also don’t show on the very product page (unless there are other sellers on it and a Buy Box on it), how idiotic is that? It looks like there’s no offer, unless you click on the tiny ‘See all buying options’ tab!..

Hello,

It sounds like you’re experiencing a few issues with your Amazon listings. The problem with search suppression and category assignment can indeed be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Detailed Case Submission: When opening cases with Seller Support, provide as much detail as possible. Include screenshots of your product listings showing the status as ‘active’ and any other relevant details that indicate they are not appearing in search results. The more specific you are, the less generic their responses should be.

2. Category Assignment: If you’re unable to assign a category to one of your ASINs, try updating the product information via a bulk upload using an inventory file template. Sometimes, making changes through the bulk upload tool can bypass glitches encountered through the normal interface.

3. Check for Other Issues: Ensure there are no other potential reasons for suppression, such as policy compliance issues, missing vital information, or pricing errors. Sometimes issues aren’t clearly flagged in the Seller Central dashboard.

4. Community Forums and External Help: If Seller Support isn’t helpful, consider seeking advice on Amazon seller forums or from professional Amazon seller consultants who may have encountered similar issues.

5. Persistent Follow-Up: Continue to follow up with Seller Support. Sometimes escalating the issue and asking for a review from a different support representative can yield different results.

It’s important to be persistent and provide clear evidence of the issues you’re facing to get the most effective assistance from Seller Support.

Best regards,
Robert Capla