Settlements Flat File V2 Having Incorrect Data

It appears settlements that were generated on the 27/10/2019 have the V2 Settlement Flat File (its actually incorrect in V1 and the XML) are incorrect.

At the top of the file, there is a total, which is the amount that was paid out - however if you sum up the records the file contains it doesn’t add up to the same amount.

Doing some digging I noticed that orders are missing on this file however they are NOT missing in the Finances->ListFinancialEvents MWS response.

This happened at some point last year - I wonder if it has something to do with moving out of BST? Obviously trying to explain this to someone in Seller Support isn’t going to help - anyone else seen this?

Hello,

It seems that you have identified a discrepancy in the V2 Settlement Flat File generated on October 27, 2019. The total amount mentioned at the top of the file does not match the sum of the records contained within it. Additionally, you have noticed that certain orders are missing in the settlement file, even though they are present in the Finances->ListFinancialEvents MWS response.

This discrepancy could be a result of various factors, and it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without further investigation. However, I can suggest a few possible explanations:

1. Timing and synchronization: There could be a delay in the data synchronization between different systems or processes. It’s possible that the settlement file was generated before all the necessary data was fully processed, leading to missing or inaccurate information.
  2. Timezone or date-related issues: As you mentioned the possibility of it being related to the change from BST (British Summer Time), it’s worth considering the impact of timezone or date-related adjustments on the data. Changes in daylight saving time or time zone shifts can sometimes cause discrepancies in reporting.
  3. Technical issues or bugs: It’s also possible that there was a technical issue or a bug in the system during the generation of the settlement file, resulting in missing or incorrect data.

To investigate this further and determine the root cause of the issue, I recommend reaching out to Amazon Seller Support. Provide them with the specific details, such as the date, settlement file information, and any relevant transaction IDs or order numbers. They will have access to the necessary tools and resources to investigate the discrepancy and provide you with a more accurate explanation or resolution.

It’s also helpful to document any additional information or evidence you have regarding the discrepancy, such as screenshots, order details, or any related reports. This will assist Seller Support in understanding the issue more comprehensively.

Additionally, you can try reaching out to other Amazon sellers or forums to see if anyone else has encountered a similar issue. Sharing experiences and insights with other sellers who might have faced similar challenges can provide valuable information and potential solutions.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best in resolving the discrepancy. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like