How to retrieve all the competitor names of a single ASIN using MWS Api.
Retrieve all competitor names using MWS api
I believe Keepa offers this option but I am not sure
To retrieve all the competitor names of a single ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) using the MWS API (Merchant Web Services API), you can follow these steps:
- Use the “ListMatchingProducts” operation from the MWS Products API. This operation allows you to search for products based on different criteria, including the ASIN.
- Construct a request to the ListMatchingProducts operation, specifying the ASIN for which you want to retrieve competitor names.
- Send the request to the MWS Products API, and it will return a response containing information about products that match the provided ASIN.
- In the response, you will find a list of products that match the ASIN. Each product will have a “CompetitivePricing” section containing information about the competitors.
- Extract the competitor names from the response. The competitor names can typically be found in the “CompetitivePrices” section of each product.
It’s important to note that the specific API operations and response structures may vary, and it’s recommended to refer to the official Amazon MWS API documentation for detailed information on the available operations and response structures.
Additionally, make sure you have the necessary MWS credentials and have configured the API properly to make authenticated requests to the MWS API endpoints.
Please note that retrieving competitor names for a specific ASIN may have limitations depending on the data available and the restrictions imposed by Amazon.