Restricted Products appeal keeps getting declined

Hello,

I am new and looking for help.

On August 12, 2023 my account was deactivated because I failed to delete old products (not selling now) from my inventory after receiving a “Notification of Restricted Products Removal” on August 2, 2023.

The warning is: “This product has been identified as a weighted blanket that makes prohibited medical marketing claims. Products that make such claims may not be legally marketed without prior FDA review and approval. Amazon policy prohibits the listing or sale of all products that have not been cleared or approved by the FDA for over-the-counter use.”

I have submitted 2 POAs as instructed by the representative I talked to and they keep declining it:

“We reached this decision because you listed products that are not permitted for sale on Amazon and failed to submit evidence or documentation demonstrating that your account has not violated our “Restricted Products” policy. If you have questions about this policy, go to “Restricted Products”.”

What should I do now?

This is a terrible time to have my account suspended.

Thanks.

What country are you in?

All we can see from your post is that you’re breaking the rules by making claims that are illegal. Even saying “Our weighted blanket will help you sleep better” might be illegal, I don’t know. All claims need scientific evidence and there are some things you can’t say at all.

How about posting the latest POA for comment?

1 Like

I understand your concern, John01. Dealing with a suspended Amazon seller account can be challenging. To address this issue, you should take the following steps:

1. Review Amazon’s “Restricted Products” policy thoroughly to ensure you understand the guidelines and why your product was flagged.
  2. Prepare a Plan of Action (POA) that is clear, concise, and addresses the specific issues mentioned in the warning. Be sure to explain the steps you’ve taken to correct the problem.
  3. Gather any supporting documentation that can prove your product complies with Amazon’s policies or that it has been appropriately reviewed by the FDA, if applicable.
    Any query regarding the appeal preparation you may contact me
1 Like

Share me the last appeal you submit, then I can guide u in best way

Have you got reinstated??

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Given the details you’ve shared, it seems critical to address the specific reasons for the suspension clearly and thoroughly in your Plan of Action (POA). Make sure to include:

1. A detailed account of the mistake - Acknowledge the oversight of not removing the restricted products in time.
  2. Steps you’ve taken to ensure compliance - This could include how you’ve revised your inventory management processes to prevent similar issues.
  3. Documentation or evidence - If applicable, provide any documentation that supports your compliance with Amazon’s policies, such as communication with suppliers about product claims or any changes made to product descriptions to comply with FDA regulations.

If your previous POAs were declined, review them to ensure they directly address Amazon’s concerns about policy violations. It may also be helpful to seek advice from a professional experienced in Amazon seller account reinstatements to ensure your next POA addresses all potential concerns effectively.

Lastly, continue to engage with Amazon’s support team, clarifying any doubts and demonstrating your commitment to compliance. Persistence is key.

Best regards,
Robert Capla