Removal order accidentally sent to incorrect address

Amazon processed an automatic removal order to an incorrect address and deducted the removal costs from my account. If the delivery is refused, what happens next? Will Amazon also charge me for the return shipping to the warehouse? Or will the items be returned to my inventory?

The incorrect address was added by you in Seller Central, so Amazon will not be responsible for this, correct?

If you are lucky enough to have the delivery refused, and not just have the delivery driver leave the parcel somewhere near your house , then I guess it will go back to the Fulfillment Center, but to be honest, I really don’t know how this is going to work; l’ve never been through this. I would open a case and ask, but in the meantime, maybe someone can help

1 Like

Certainly! Here’s a response:

I understand your concern about the automatic removal order sent to the incorrect address and the associated costs deducted from your account. In the event that the delivery is refused and the items are returned to Amazon, the next steps may vary:

1. Return Shipping Costs: Typically, if the delivery is refused and the items are returned to Amazon, they may charge you for the return shipping costs. These costs are often deducted from your account or refunded to you depending on the circumstances.

2. Inventory Reconciliation: Once the items are returned to Amazon’s warehouse, they will undergo an inventory reconciliation process. If the items are in sellable condition, they may be returned to your inventory. However, if the items are damaged or unsellable, they may be disposed of or returned to you at your expense.

3. Account Reimbursement: If you’ve been charged for return shipping costs or any other associated fees incorrectly, you can reach out to Amazon Seller Support to request reimbursement or clarification on the charges.

It’s essential to communicate with Amazon Seller Support regarding this matter to ensure that any charges are accurate and to understand the next steps for handling the returned items. If you need any further assistance or have additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

1 Like

Thank you @Akmal

Yes, that was my old warehouse address. I opened a case within a few minutes after Amazon created the automatic return to notify them that the return address was incorrect. I hope I will be able to reject the delivery. Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

I hope it gets sorted. The issue is that Amazon drivers are always in a rush; their only goal is to get rid of the parcels they have in the van and they’re not bothered about taking anything back. But good luck, and keep us updated.