Recommended maximum BSR when sourcing products?

Hello,

Let’s say you are analyzing a product and every factor is positive, for example, ROI, buy box sharing, number of sellers, etc. What would be the maximum BSR you would go for while sourcing a product in UK market?

Thanks

I never care about bsr.

If the item is selling it doesn’t matter.

With the new Amazon monthly sales and keep yellow monthly sales graph, bs is completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

When sourcing products for resale, it’s essential to consider various factors beyond just the Best Sellers Rank (BSR). While BSR can provide insights into a product’s sales performance relative to others in its category, it’s not the sole indicator of a product’s viability.

Instead of focusing solely on a specific BSR threshold, it’s advisable to consider the following:

1. Category-Specific BSR: Different product categories on Amazon have varying levels of competitiveness and sales velocity. What may be considered a good BSR in one category may not be the same in another. Research the typical BSR ranges for the specific category you’re interested in to gain a better understanding of what to expect.

2. Historical Data: Analyze historical BSR data for the product to identify trends and patterns. A consistent and relatively low BSR over time may indicate steady demand and sales potential.

3. Seasonality: Take into account seasonal fluctuations in demand for certain products. A product with a higher BSR during off-peak seasons may still be lucrative during peak seasons.

4. Competition and Profit Margin: Assess the level of competition in the market and evaluate your ability to compete effectively. Consider factors such as pricing, product differentiation, and potential profit margins.

5. Customer Reviews and Ratings: Look beyond BSR to consider customer reviews and ratings, as well as product quality and customer satisfaction. Positive reviews and a high rating can contribute to long-term success and repeat purchases.

While there is no universally recommended maximum BSR when sourcing products, aiming for products with lower BSRs within their respective categories can often indicate higher demand and sales potential. However, it’s crucial to conduct thorough market research and due diligence to make informed sourcing decisions that align with your business goals and objectives.

1 Like

I would say exactly the same. BS is no longer the thing to consider.

Past selling history and the monthly sales graph should be the things to look at.

Totally depends on the category. Now, it is very easy to analyze by watching bought last month numbers on Amazon but it doesn’t show if sales are less than 50. So what you can see is check drops in the BS. If BS is going high then a major drop in it. It means listing got sales. Also, check number of sellers before going on high BSR products.

1 Like

I think it’s about understanding what that BSR means in your niche rather than BSR in general. Therefore I would recommend you to set a sales per month goal. Such as min 10 min 20 or min 50 sales per month in your criteria to make it easier.

1 Like

Do you think the yellow graph shows accurate data from Keepa? If they are taking the data from the stock history I don’t think that would be accurate because sometimes keep identify moving stock seller as sales.

Thank you so much for answering. How do verify the monthly sales? I am not sure what the Seller Amp or other shows are accurate. Normally, I calculate the monthly sales using the seller stock history from Keepa.

Thank you so much for answering. I never tried to think that way for BSR drop. I will do more research on it.

1%-2% is fine

Nothing is 100% accurate - you’re gonna have to use Keepa drops, the software estimation, stock movement and Keepa sales per month estimation to do your best guess. You’ll never know until you’re actually on the listing.

I see that people already answered very well here … Look at the number of sales which is a really good estimation then together with the other factors like ROI, competition, BuyBox sharing, you can take take a smart decision…

Keepa itself won’t be a 100% but consider this. If an item has been out of stock for a year on Amazon and in the same category there are other products selling well and fast then the out of stock item will carry on increasing in BSR in theory.

If you came in with stock on a 500K BSR listing, then you could potentially start selling it and bring the BSR to under a 100K.

You could send 1 unit in to see how quickly it sells to get real world data.