Question about business & personal addresses when applying for a seller account

Im trying to form an LLC and I went through a company to do it for me mainly for the registered agent & business address option. I don’t want to make a mistake here only to have Amazon reject my seller account application.

So the situation is, we moved from state A to state B, but don’t have a permanent address here yet as we are still looking to purchase a home, but it will be soon. my drivers license is still from state A, and we have our mail from there being forwarded to our temporary address here in state B. I wanted to file an LLC in state C for tax reasons. I had a call yesterday with the filing company and they helped me through all of the info needed to file. I chose to use their registered agent services with an address in state C. This morning I get a notification from their website that company address can not be the same as registered agent address. I’ll call when they open today, but they didn’t say anything about this yesterday.

Will Amazon reject me if my personal address doesn’t match my license, even if I have mail to prove my new temporary address?

Also wondering if I should just use the address on my license, or my temporary address here as a business address. This is such a headache and should be the easy part.

Sorry for the long post, but any advice from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated!

Never mind business account, business address and business credentials. Apply as an individual to get started, then update it later on if you want to. Yes your ID and credit card/bank statement should match the address you provide to Amazon. Use your current address, even if it’s temporary and will change later. Get your ID/driver’s license in your current state with your current address. Remember that Amazon may send a post card with a code to verify your address. The address on file should be your actual address where you physically receive mail from the USPS. It should not be a virtual address used for registered agent purposes. Just my opinion. I’m not a lawyer, I don’t play one on TV, and I don’t give legal advice.

1 Like

Thanks lol don’t play one on TV ! Throughout the day that’s actually the decision I’ve landed on. Although, I have my mail being forwarded here, so I thought I’d go ahead and use my actual house that I still own out of state, its the same as the one on my license. right now the bank has both addresses. here for physical and out of state for billing.