Product cannot be resold on Amazon

Found a few good items for resale, but underneath the product on the website it states ‘this product cannot be resold on Amazon’.

Does anyone know why they state this? And surely they would never find out.

Thanks

This seems to be a common question recently. If the wholesaler says no it’s because they have a contract with brands not to supply amazon sellers. If your in this business for the future it can bring then respect the answer and move on. If your just thinking it’s profit I will do it anyway then your the problem why that contract with brands is in place! Brands do this to protect brick and mortar stores as brand like the people to see items in a shop they are more likely to make more orders then online sellers as they will take a bigger range of stock they get data from shops and spot trends in there products many answers why and people do check as word of mouth to the brands happens all the time as people say in shops it’s cheaper online. So they know the data.

2 Likes

Certainly! Here’s a response:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If your product cannot be resold on Amazon, it’s important to understand the specific reasons behind this restriction. Amazon may have policies in place regarding certain types of products, such as restricted brands, hazardous materials, or items that infringe upon intellectual property rights.

To address this issue, I recommend reviewing Amazon’s policies and guidelines to determine why your product cannot be resold. Once you have identified the reason, you can take appropriate steps to either address the issue or explore alternative selling channels.

If you believe there has been a mistake or misunderstanding regarding the restriction on your product, you can also reach out to Amazon’s seller support team for clarification and assistance. They should be able to provide you with more information and guidance on how to proceed.

In the meantime, you may want to consider exploring other online marketplaces or platforms where you can sell your product without encountering similar restrictions. If you need any further assistance or have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

I would advise against pursuing this opportunity. With numerous other brands available for Amazon sellers, it’s not worth the risk. This brand may potentially file an IP complaint in the future, which could lead to complications.

1 Like