Planning on doing my first product purchase from Alibaba

Hi. I’m new to this.

It may sound like a dumb question but should I purchase product first since it takes time to get to US? Or do I open Amazon FBA account first and then order product?

But how do I do droppshipping if Amazon account is not active yet?

Please help. Trying to start asap.

I’d wait until your account is open and then place a small order to test the product in the market. That will help you limit your risk.

2 Likes

Alibaba products can not be sold on Amazon.

3 Likes

Might want to research a lot more about selling on Amazon. Those “gurus” you follow only make content for views. Dropshipping is against Amazon’s TOS and will get you deactivated in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Wait until your Amazon account is open and do the product research on amazon, considering market demand and competition.

Source products on Alibaba from a supplier.

Order a sample to test product quality.

Place a bulk order with the supplier if satisfied.

Launch and start selling on Amazon.

Keep in mind that dropshipping may not be suitable for Amazon, and it’s important to follow Amazon’s guidelines. Good luck with your business!

1 Like

You might want to wait your account first and dropshipping is a risky business model and I think you shouldn’t order on Alibaba unless you are a private label. There are a lot of products that are gated on new seller so you need to set up your account first .

1 Like