Plan of Action ('Inauthentic' issue)

Hi guys, thank you for allowing me into the forums! ?‍ :man_shrugging:

We are appealing an account suspension at the moment, for possible inauthentic items. The items we were selling are 100% authentic, but we were sourcing from Staples (a UK retailer).

:arrow_right: Amazon were initially requesting invoices/authorisation letter for three ASINS. We supplied the invoice from Staples. We have since had another message requesting invoices from an earlier date, and a plan of action.

?I’m not clear whether this means that Amazon have accepted the earlier invoices?

In any case, we don’t have invoices from the date provided. I think we have made two mistakes here;

1. We listed inventory before we had purchased it (we knew we could source the items, so listed them to see if we’d get any sales)

2. We didn’t realise that buying from a retailer was an issue, and we didn’t realise we needed a letter of authorisation from the brand.

:question:My question; could the following Plan of Action be improved upon?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Hello,

welcome to our forums :))

I am sorry to hear that your Seller Account has been deactivated.

I believe that your Plan of Action is good enough, but it would be good if you also purchased some inventory from reputable suppliers, mentioned the fact in your appeal and then supplied Amazon valid invoices.

Also, could you post here the last response which you received from Amazon?

Hi Kika,

Thank you very much for your reply! The last communication we had from Amazon was as follows:

*Note, we don’t have any more invoices to send to them, and we don’t have a authorisation letter from the brand in question, so all we have left to send is our plan of action.

Dear Seller,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your ability to sell on Amazon at this time. Please address the following concern(s):

To reactivate your listings, please send us send additional invoices issued before 31 January 2020 for the items listed below.

{1.} You are offering items that may be inauthentic. A list of these items is provided below.

Please send us the following information:

– Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.

– If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.

– If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.

– Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

{2.} Please also send us the following information:

A plan that explains:

– The reason you are listing products that you are not approved to sell

– Steps you have taken to resolve this issue

– How you will prevent this issue in the future

Here are a few things to consider as you work on resolving this:

– Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?

– Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

ASINS: B07C5GNYHN

Brand: Purell

Title: Purell Advanced Hygienic Hand Rub Pump Bottle, 500 ml

ASINS: B00E5CEL5Y

Title: Purell Advanced Hygienic Hand Rub Pump Bottle, 300 ml

ASINS: B07CCF5RMW

Title: Purell Advanced Hygienic Hand Rub Pump Bottle, 300 ml

How do I send the required information?

Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html).

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If we do not receive the requested information, you may no longer sell on Amazon. Failure to successfully appeal this decision may result in payments being withheld.

We’re here to help

You can get help creating your plan in Seller Central Help (Amazon). You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to [email protected].

You can view your account’s performance at (Amazon Sign In) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (‎Amazon Seller: Sell Online on the App Store) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en_GB) device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

It looks like they are insisting that you provide them legit invoices.

Simply purchase some new merchandise from a reputable supplier and then base your improved Plan of Action on this.

Thanks Kika,

Do you think this will be necessary even though we’ve deleted all of our inventory (of everything)?

Massive thanks for your help!

I should also have mentioned - I’m not actually sure we’ll be able to get the brand authorisation letter (we’ve tried calling the company and they weren’t really interested in talking to us).

Will it be best to mention in our action plan that we will never list this product again?

Kika, if he bought from Staples UK, which is a retailer…this is not considered a reputable supplier?

Everything depends on whether you have invoices that meet Amazon’s requirements.

Therefore:

— Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Item descriptions (for ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review)

– Item quantities

– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)