Personal information on Amazon storefront page

Hi everyone,

we are currently operating under a sole proprietorship with a DBA and noticed that our complete personal full name and home address is appearing on our storefront page.

Is there anyone who has experience with changing?

I’ve heard the only way is to incorporate but we want to avoid that for as long as possible as we live in California with high franchise fees.

Check out Settings > Account Info > Display Name

Yes. We are also operating under a DBA. Here’s how we were told to fix it:

Hello from Amazon selling partner support,

From your e-mail, we do understand your display is configured to be your company name; xxxxxxxxxxxxx but when customers click on their seller profile it displays their personal name.

We understand the urgent nature of your request. Let me check what we can do best for you.

We would like to inform you that we will display a seller’s legal business name and address on their Amazon.com Seller Profile page as entered in the Legal Entity field of the Business Information Widget under Account Settings. Both values reflect what the business provided during their Tax Interview.

It is possible to change your legal name while maintaining the history of your account. In order to change your legal name you need to take the Tax Interview again. You can enter your tax information in your seller account, using a short interview process that can be accessed from the Settings > Account Info > Legal Entity section.

This will take you to a self-service interview process that will guide you through entering your taxpayer information and validating your W-9 or W-8BEN form. In order to fulfill the IRS requirements as efficiently as possible, answer all questions and enter all information requested during the interview. Once you take this interview, you will be able to change your legal name.

Thank you for the reminder. I haven’t done this yet.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @FunkyMonkey for the advice!

You’re very welcome.

All the best…