Parallel import claim

A brief background about us. We’ve been selling on Amazon for several years. We noticed very early on how important trademarks were so we have valid trademarks for our products from when we started. We also manufacture our own products and design the packaging ourselves, With our trademark listed on the packaging.

Recently we received a parallel import claim and have been removed from our own listing we created. Now I’m not sure how this was able to happen. So far I have contacted the email address that was provided and awaiting a reply. The email in question was a ip firm. I know that malicious sellers can also do this and put any email in the contact details section as I’ve seen it in the past. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore we sell in the uk and the email adress Amazon have provided for redaction is

[email protected]

Thank you in advance.

This indicates that the complaint came from someone based in India.

So is this your trademarked product?

Look at the notice received. Usually, Amazon will reactivate the listing once you give them invoices or TM registry certificate.

5 Likes

This was my exact thinking that someone based in India did manage to do this. They have used a uk ip firm as contact details which I have email and will wait for clarification.

My products do carry my trademark on the packaging. But looking into this a little more it seems someone had also manage to change the brand name to a generic one in which they could then fill out the trademark infringement form.

Furthermore ipo representative in the Uk in which the contact details were given is a representative for a company based in the USA. So it would be strange for the complaint to come from someone in India. Things do not add up.

I’m not even sure how they managed this as all my trademarks are registered with brand registry

Thank you for you reply

4 Likes

What is the name of the firm? As far as I know, it is generally a common practice in India and Pakistan that sellers spoof such company names to submit false complaints.

Was there any text included with the complaint? What was the product?

3 Likes

Yep totally understand what you’re saying. I’ve heard of these things in the past.

The firm is

Barker Brettell

The text included was ( this is word for word copy and pasted from the email I got). It doesn’t seem professional to me.

The Product selling on Brand name “xxx”. there is no brand called “xxx” its illegal to sell on any marketplace.

Unfortunately I can’t give out the product as we’ve seen a lot of increased competition in the niche. Not stating you will but because of this I don’t give out the name. Hope that’s understandable.

3 Likes

Send a formal legal letter to the firm (LBA) seeking withdrawal of the complaint and threatening with claims for damages if they fail to rectify. Give them a deadline and wait.

4 Likes

Will get on this tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Hello @Dannysmith,

thank you for joining the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with an unjustified Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaint over parallel import.

The claim does indeed appear to be bogus. Communicating directly with the law firm and including a threat of a legal action should help you force them to retract the complaint.

As @Muhammad mentioned, it is a common practice for shady sellers to spoof e-mail addresses of known law firms to submit complaints. Investigate whether this is the case by contacting them.

Let me know once you have any updates.

1 Like

Hey yes it does appear to be bogus. There’s no way to contact the actual submitter as they used the actual law firms email address and name.

I’ve contacted the law firm and gave them the complaint id. Over the phone they said it didn’t appear to be them but they have told me to send them the notice so they can look into it. So I’m just waiting on them now.

I will keep you updated on the outcome.

1 Like

Okay, please feel free to share any updates. Hopefully, you will get it sorted soon.

1 Like

Small update but nothing major. Apologies it’s been a while. After contacting the ip company they have said that they didn’t file the infringement. And they have also given me this in writing.

However when I submit this to Amazon they keep giving me the generic replies requesting

• An invoice from the rights owner. You can find the contact information of the rights owner in the listing deactivation communication you have received.

– A retraction from the rights owner to be sent to Amazon directly. You can find the contact information of the rights owner in the listing deactivation communication you have received.

– An invoice from an EEA-based supplier or UK-based supplier

I have supplied invoices to them only to find them to give the response above.

Any help from will be appreciated feels like I’m going round in circles here.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing the update @Dannysmith. So, it is clear that someone spoofed the right owner’s e-mail address to make it appear that they submitted the complaint.

I would advise you not to waste any more of your time dealing with Amazon.

Get an attorney and make them send correspondence to Amazon’s legal department, containing copies of the communication from the brand’s genuine rights holder.

3 Likes

Thanks kika appreciate the response. Let’s hope this sorts it out for good.

1 Like

You are welcome, feel free to share any updates :slight_smile: