Obtaining tax refund from EU country

Hi all.

UK-based and registered Amazon seller.
I am due back approx 3,500 zloty from the Polish tax office. I understand they require a Poland-based bank account to pay this into.
Have you had a similar experience? What bank did you wind up using?


From what i understand you will need a polish bank account, yes.

1 Like

This is correct. But there are numerous services, such as Wise where you will instantly get a free bank account in any country.

Fortunately I thought this too but they will send this back to your U.K. bank account so long as they have the details from when you registered for VAT with Poland. It will automatically be converted into the correct currency in your local bank account.