Notification of Restricted Products Removal

Hi,

do you have any idea why my product was removed?

This product has been identified as one that does not comply with applicable sanctions requirements.

Amazon prohibits the listing or sale of any items that violate sanctions requirements. If you believe your product does not violate sanctions laws, please provide a valid certificate of origin or certificate of compliance. For more information, please refer to our Trade Control Laws help page:

I presume this is for the US market?

I don’t know for sure as I am not familiar with US laws but are there currently any restrictions for Iranian-sourced products on Amazon?

Iran is facing major sancations enforced over nukes. So, you can’t source anything from Iran for selling in local markets. So, you might fix the issue by removing “Iran” from your listing.

It’s fair enough, removing the reference to Iran will probably allow the listing to be reinstated but there is a risk that the truth might come out in due course. eg invoice request, etc

Right now, @Ashish has made a mistake and listed something he did not know was restricted. If he relists following your recommendation, he will knowingly flout Amazon’s rules, something they may not take lightly.

I think that it’s really important that the advice given to fellow sellers should help and enable fellow sellers to follow policies rather than breaking them just to get over a hurdle. But maybe that’s just me.

1 Like