New US INFORM Consumers Act imposes new requirements for sellers

Announcement reposted from Amazon:

The INFORM Consumers Act takes effect in the US on June 27, 2023. This law places obligations on high-volume third-party sellers to provide, and on Amazon to collect, verify, and disclose, information about their businesses.

To ensure a trusted store for both customers and sellers, Amazon already maintains and continues to innovate on robust processes for collecting and verifying sellers’ business information during and after registration. While many of these processes are more sophisticated and effective than the basic requirements of the INFORM Consumers Act, this new law requires us to take certain additional steps to verify information related to high-volume sellers.

You may be required to provide information about your business for verification, such as your name, a government-issued identification document, a business address, bank account information, a working email address, a working phone number, and a tax identification number. You may also be required to annually certify that your information is current.

In most cases, if you already completed verification for any of the required information, you won’t need to submit it again, as long as your information hasn’t changed.

If you need to take further action, we will contact you via email with specific instructions. We ask that you respond to these messages within the specified timelines, as the law may require us to deactivate your selling account until you successfully complete verification.

We recommend you go to your Account Information now to confirm that all of your business information is accurate and current.

To learn more about the INFORM Consumers Act, go to About the INFORM Consumers Act.

We have also updated the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement for consistency with the new law. To learn more, go to Changes to the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement.

I got notification from Amazon and completed the verification.

1 Like

Interestingly, I was not asked to verify anything. And everyone else got these warnings apart from me. Everything is fine in my account so far :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like