Need urgent help and advice

I recently received an IP (Intellectual Property) complaint on my Amazon seller account, alleging that the items I listed are counterfeit.

However, I purchased these items from Boots retail store and have the receipt to prove it.

The only issue is that the receipt doesn’t have my name on it.

The trademark owner insists that the items are counterfeit.

.Has anyone else faced a similar situation? How did you handle it?

Any advice or guidance would be immensely appreciated!Thank you so much for your support and assistance in advance!

As you mentioned Boots, I guess that you are in the UK.

While Retail Arbitrage is common in places such as USA, it is very risky in the UK as retail receipts are not usually accepted due to not being a valid supply chain. The moment you buy retail, the item can only be sold as “Used - As New” on Amazon. I guess this has to be with local laws.

You are stuffed I’m afraid.

You probably saw some get-rich quick videos on YouTube. Hopefully you didn’t waste money on subscriptions etc. And hopefully you didn’t send your items to FBA as you won’t get them back. Best sell them on ebay. Anything goes there, even Royal Mail stamps, real or fake.

Sorry if I sound harsh but it is what it is. Others may have other opinions. Good luck anyway.

5 Likes

If the receipt has a description of the product, that should be sufficient for submission.

Also, if your product is genuine, you can seek legal advice and file a case against the complainant for falsely accusing you of selling a counterfeit without evidence.

Brands tend to think they can simply get away with accusing sellers of selling counterfeit without any repercussions. It’s not the case

2 Likes

In your performance notification, there is the contact information of the rights owner. Email them apologize to them and show them your proof of purchase, be very humble and ask them to withdraw the complaint. In my case, I have a success of 100% by this method

1 Like

@Ashish you can ask Boots for a vat invoice and I think it will be showing your name on it …

Did you order online?

1 Like

Check the Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaint notification from Amazon to see, what they are requesting to get this lifted.

Usually, you can dispute it by providing Amazon the proof of authenticity.

Amazon will only accept receipts and invoices which clearly display all of the following:

Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Item descriptions (matching the ASIN(/s)

– Item quantities (should reflect your selling volume)

– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)

In case that you are unable to appeal the complaints at all, delete every ASIN mentioned in the notice from your inventory and wait for the defects to automatically disappear after 180 days.

Just submit the receipt to Amazon. Invoice with name is only required for ungating not ip complaints.

I would go back in store and ask for a vat invoice, or just email them now and see what they say…

Maybe you could appeal this with the receipt and bank statement showing the transaction …