Need help with eBay

I have created new ebay account (Australian market) but after listing got active, when I searched that item, it is not showing on search bar , no views on my items even after being active more than one week and still item is in active items tab.

Anyone has solution how to visible new listing on ebay?

P.s: this is new account and I have not a single sold item yet.

Is there no seller forum for ebay? Surely that would be the best place to ask?

Have a look at the shipping address, as that might be the issue. Maybe you have a shipping address that is not covered by the settings of that listing. I hope this makes sense

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the visibility of your new eBay listings. We understand the importance of ensuring that your listings are visible to potential buyers and receiving adequate views.

It’s not uncommon for new eBay accounts to experience challenges with visibility, particularly if they haven’t yet established a selling history. Here are a few suggestions to help improve the visibility of your listings:

1. Optimize Listing Titles and Descriptions: Ensure that your listing titles and descriptions are clear, concise, and include relevant keywords that potential buyers are likely to search for. This will improve the chances of your listings appearing in search results.

2. Offer Competitive Pricing: Consider pricing your items competitively to attract potential buyers. Research similar listings on eBay to gauge market prices and adjust your prices accordingly.

3. Use High-Quality Images: Utilize high-quality images that accurately represent your items. Clear and detailed photos can help attract buyers’ attention and encourage them to click on your listings.

4. Offer Free Shipping: Offering free shipping can make your listings more attractive to buyers and improve their visibility in search results. Consider including the cost of shipping in your item prices to offset the expense.

5. Share Your Listings: Promote your listings through social media channels, forums, or other online platforms to increase visibility and attract potential buyers.

6. Be Patient: Building a selling history and gaining visibility on eBay takes time, especially for new accounts. Continue to list items regularly, provide excellent customer service, and engage with buyers to establish trust and credibility.

If you’ve followed these suggestions and are still experiencing issues with visibility, we recommend reaching out to eBay’s customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional insights or recommendations based on your specific situation.

Thank you for choosing eBay as your selling platform, and we wish you success with your new account. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

1 Like

Hello @Luky,

thank you for joining! Unfortunately, eBay is now extremely strict when approving new sellers who join their platform.

It is completely normal to see all of your new listings having 0 views in the beginning.

But please don’t worry and keep working on establishing a good selling history. Eventually, you will be able to sell just like everyone else.

Another tip is not to lost too many items, don’t hurry into anything. Otherwise, eBay will suspend you with no reason and no option to appeal. They are much worse than Amazon with these suspensions.

1 Like

AmazonUKForumRefugee This is not a very welcoming response to a new seller, and I, for one, am very glad when I see ebay mentioned just as well as Amazon: many of us sell on both and it’s actually interesting to compare.
Plus, as in so many areas, ebay is becoming worse than Amazon, infuriating really, with poorer customer service than Amazon (we’re all buyers, as well as sellers, right?), and these areas include the forum: ebay’s forum is pitiful, USELESS really! So to direct a new seller to that useless forum is, I’m afraid, hem, useless.

On ebay’s forum I can no longer even start a new thread, or reply to a post - I forget which of the 2 - maybe both! Maybe business sellers or bigger sellers than me can - maybe I’m too small fish. ( I used to be let to, not anymore).
And there are other new restrictions, they don’t come to mind right now.
Also, on ebay’s forum you’re not anonymous - not only is your name shown, but access to all your listings given too.
(OK, so you can contravene that by using your buying account instead…but then it’s no end of irrelevant questions, like: ‘I don’t see that you’re selling’, etc).
Anyway; this forum is the best.

My humble apologies.