Listing Hijacked and Test Buy

Hello all, A new seller has hijacked my entire catalog and I am not Brand Registered on Amazon. Unfortunately this seller had contacted me almost around 8 months back though someone’s reference and said that they promote items on Amazon and websites following which I shared my catalog with them. He is based in Canada. It is pretty obvious that this new seller is trying to make the most of my product reviews. Although I have contacted and politely told them to create their own but he did not pay heed to it. I have made a test purchase and the item is below expectations. Can I create a return on this item? I do not want to mess up either my seller account or my buyer account so will appreciate all knowledgeable inputs.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I understand the frustration and concern you’re facing with a new seller hijacking your entire catalog on Amazon. Dealing with such situations can be challenging, especially if you are not Brand Registered. While I cannot provide specific advice on your account, I can offer some general guidance:

1. Protect your brand and intellectual property: Although you are not Brand Registered, it’s important to take steps to protect your brand and intellectual property. Consider registering your brand with Amazon’s Brand Registry program, which offers additional tools and support to combat counterfeit and unauthorized sellers.
  2. Gather evidence: Collect evidence to support your claim that the new seller is hijacking your catalog and misusing your product reviews. This can include screenshots, communication records, and any other relevant documentation. This evidence will be valuable in your discussions with Amazon.
  3. Contact Amazon Seller Support: Reach out to Amazon Seller Support to report the situation. Clearly explain the issue, providing specific details and evidence to support your claim. Be persistent and follow up regularly to ensure your case is being addressed.
  4. Request a test purchase return: If you have made a test purchase and the item is below expectations, you can request a return. Follow Amazon’s standard return process and clearly state the reason for the return. However, be mindful that this action may not directly address the issue of the hijacked catalog.
  5. Consider seeking legal advice: If the situation persists or escalates, you may want to consult with a legal professional who specializes in e-commerce or intellectual property matters. They can provide guidance on potential legal avenues to address the unauthorized use of your catalog and protect your rights as a seller.

Remember, it’s important to balance taking action with caution to avoid any negative consequences for your seller or buyer account. Engaging with Amazon Seller Support and, if necessary, seeking legal advice can help you navigate this situation effectively.

Please note that the information provided here is general in nature, and it’s important to consult with professionals or Amazon directly for personalized advice based on your specific circumstances.

2 Likes

Without having Amazon Brand Registry, I don’t think that your chances of having the hijacker removed are high

3 Likes

Oh that’s bad . best option is open case with amazon and write appeal to amazon in which you describe this guy is blackmailing me and also hijack my listing. may be amazon solve your issue

3 Likes