Letter before action

Today I sent a letter before action to the managing director email.

I got the normal reply saying it had been received and they will respond in 2 days. This has happened to my last 3 emails but I got no reply.

Previously a case would appear in my case log but then disappear a couple of days later.

Nothing has appeared this time.

Has anyone sent an LBA before? Did they respond?

Thanks

4 Likes

Based on my previous experience and after assisting other sellers with similar issues, I can tell that Amazon does always respond to Letters Before Action. There is a legal “pre-action protocol” that requires litigants that they attempt to settle any potential dispute and avoid going to court.

If Amazon failed to respond, it would reflect badly upon them in court. Typically, Amazon will respond regardless if any such letter is drafted by the seller themselves or by a professional legal practitioner.

The usual response time is around 14 days.

9 Likes

What is the managing director email?

I would send any Letter Before Action by snail mail. You need to research how to properly serve letters of claim to any defendant using their designated address.

[email protected]

3 Likes

I have not had a reply yet but interestingly they have stopped responding to my open Seller Support case.

Is this because they have received my LBA or because they are just useless?

1 Like

It is very likely they stopped responding to the case because of your Letter Before Action. When it comes to legal action, everything you say may be used against you - that’s why they can’t just let regular Seller Support make statements impacting litigation.

Amazon can choose to ignore LBA, but as I mentioned before, it would be viewed badly once the dispute proceeded to court. In many cases, it appeared as if Amazon was confident that the seller wasn’t meaning the litigation seriously, that’s why they chose not to respond.

3 Likes

So if they ignore me I will start the legal proceedings. Should I communicate with the Managing Director’s office or send a letter to their Worshipful Place address in London?

Legal communications should be sent to their official service address. So, not to the Managing Director.

2 Likes

They must have recognised my LBA or they would not have stopped replying on the open case. The deadline for responding has passed so I need to proceed. I will send any further documentation to Worshipful place.

3 Likes

They may be ghosting you if they suspect you’re just trying your luck. Once you take the case to small claims court, you will hear from them.

Feel free to share any update once you get further :slight_smile:

They have suddenly started receipting it after 12 weeks.

1 Like

So it worked. Good to know!

I will never know if starting legal action worked if if they just got around to receipting it.

I do worry that I will struggle getting help from the Managing Director email in the future.

You are lucky to have the resolution you wanted. I am confident that they only started receiving your inventory once you sent them a LBA.

Might very well be, amazon might be exposed on issues like this so they had to actually act on it.

1 Like

The lawyer said they didn’t have a chance of winning the case but how ridiculous that they suddenly find the stock.

I am now left with a huge volume of stock. The item was selling 40 units a day in December and is now selling 2 or 3.

2 Likes

They don’t need another skeeter letting the world know how they expletive’d over a small company. Just hide the stuff and run them out of business. Just tell them a nice a “believable lie” to lay on a naive seller. Is this for fact, no, it does fit the blue culture that amazon embraces.

You can use every “conspiracy theory” you can think of and apply it to your relationship with big tech. Why, none of them have any morals and none of them can be trusted, therefore anything is possible…

4 Likes

Amazon, despite being the largest corporate organization in the world is struggling to comply with basic laws with the confidence that most people won’t dare to complain, believing that Amazon must have everything perfectly vetted by army of the brightest lawyers (which is not the case).

3 Likes