Keyword no impressions

One of the products we sell is Charcoal asin B08B44VJXT. We are a medium user of Amazon Product PPC, with a fair bit of experience and spend about £20k per month.

We have an auto campaign running for this asin which works well, but has never used a search term of “charcoal”.

I have a broad match campaign and exact match campaign, which both have a keyword of “charcoal”.

No matter what I bid, I get zero impressions for the search term “charcoal”.

I can see competitors ads are being served for the keyword “charcoal”.

For some reason the keyword “charcoal” is being suppressed for me, but I cannot see why.

On all other non-amazon channels my highest performing keyword for this product is “charcoal”

Any clues where to look, or routes to take to resolve this?

Thanks!

It’s certainly puzzling that you’re not getting impressions for the keyword “charcoal” in your Amazon Sponsored Ads campaign, especially considering that you’re seeing competitors’ ads for the same keyword. Here are some potential reasons and steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Keyword Relevance: Amazon’s algorithm considers the relevance of keywords to your product. Ensure that your product listing is well-optimized for the keyword “charcoal” and that the keyword appears in your title, bullet points, and description.
  2. Bid Adjustment: Double-check your bid amount for the “charcoal” keyword in your broad match and exact match campaigns. While bid adjustment is important, there could be other factors at play.
  3. Negative Keywords: Verify that you haven’t accidentally added “charcoal” as a negative keyword in your campaigns. Negative keywords can prevent your ads from showing for specific terms.
  4. Campaign Budget and Impression Share: If you have a limited daily budget, your ads might not be getting enough exposure. Consider adjusting your campaign budget to allow for more impressions.
  5. Ad Rank and Quality Score: Ad Rank is determined by your bid and ad quality score. Make sure your ad creative is engaging and relevant to the keyword “charcoal.” Higher-quality ads tend to get better placement.
  6. Keyword Match Type: Double-check that the “charcoal” keyword is correctly set up with the broad match and/or exact match type in your campaigns.
  7. Check for Other Issues: Review your campaign settings, including targeting, start and end dates, and geographical targeting. Ensure that there are no campaign-level settings that could be affecting the keyword’s performance.
  8. Competitor Landscape: If competitors’ ads are showing for the same keyword, this indicates that the keyword itself is not blocked by Amazon. However, there might be factors like bid competition that are affecting your ad’s visibility.
  9. Keyword Bidding Strategy: Consider using a dynamic bidding strategy like “Dynamic Bids - Down Only” to allow Amazon to adjust your bids based on the likelihood of conversion.
  10. Contact Amazon Support: If you’ve exhausted all troubleshooting steps and still can’t resolve the issue, consider reaching out to Amazon seller support. Provide them with specific details about the keyword “charcoal” and your campaign settings.
  11. Patience and Monitoring: Sometimes, it can take a bit of time for changes in campaigns to reflect in terms of ad placements and impressions. Continue to monitor your campaigns for any changes.

Remember that Amazon’s advertising platform can be complex, and there might be nuances affecting your campaigns that aren’t immediately apparent. By carefully reviewing your campaign settings, optimizing your product listing, and regularly monitoring your campaigns, you can work towards uncovering the issue and improving your ad’s performance.