Is it necessary to cover all barcodes on FBA products?

My supplier did not put the FNSKU on top of the UPC. I heard this is an issue because you’re supposed to cover the UPC. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to handle this? Being that this is a sticker, it will be difficult to pull off the previous FNSKU. Can I leave the old one on and then put a new one on top of the UPC? Any other thoughts?

Just cover it up with the new label

3 Likes

Put another FNSKU over the UPC or just a blank label would work too

2 Likes

Put a blank sticker to cover UPC.

2 Likes

What you heard is true.

Like everyone said, just cover the barcode with a blank label.

2 Likes

Yes, just cover it up.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the valuable info. I will do my best to try and have the shipment returned back.

Does anyone know what would happen if Amazin receives the shipment and both the manufacturer barcodes and FNSKU labels are present?

FNSKU barcodes are on the top of the packaging, however UPC codes can be seen under the transparent outer film.

1 Like

They could put your shipment aside and perform “unplanned services.” The service fees are sort of a “penalty” against sellers who don’t comply with FBA’s shipping and routing requirements and packaging and prep requirements.

OR

They could reject your entire shipment.

2 Likes

Thank you @FunkyMonkey for the time. Actually, my supplier was unable to cancel the shipment, however Amazon accepted and processed the units without issues. Even though there were both FNSKU barcodes and UPCs visible :partying_face:

Again, thanks everyone for the help

1 Like

I’m glad that worked out for you, and appreciate the update.

All the best…

3 Likes