Is FBA better for a newbie than FBM?

Hello,

I am new to this and would like some advice if someone is able. Is it more lucrative to use Amazon fulfillment centers to ship my product or to do it myself? And if I were to do it myself how do I figure out the pricing?

Also I cannot figure out a clear answer for how much it costs for Amazon to do it….

Thanks in advance for who ever wants to shed some light for me

The only way you will sell anything is to use FBA services. They hide your products if you are FBM so you will not get nearly the sales volume as FBA. The bad part is you will not make any money unless you are based out of China. Additionally, they appear to be striking all the negative feedback given to sellers based out of China that use FBA services. Much of this depends on what country you are in.

My recommendation, assuming you want to do real business venture and not a hobby gig would be to list on amazon FBA. Also more importantly work on selling using social media platforms and direct sales to your own domain and not towards amazon or ebay.

Don’t touch FBM if you are not dedicated and cannot make things happen. Selling online means ship today, not next week, so many other issues in addition to fast shipping. Even before selling on social media make sure you can make things happen in a fast and accurate way or you will not last long.

7 Likes

Thank you for the advice. What I am looking for is a way to start selling on Amazon so I can learn the basics without risking making newbie mistakes that will cost me money.

Is FBA better when it comes to fees?

1 Like

Using Amazon fulfillment can save time and give access to Prime customers but comes with fees. Shipping yourself offers more control over costs but requires time and effort for logistics

It is most certainly better for amazon, you will not make any money that amounts to enough to justify your time. FBA is primarily targeting lazy and uneducated sellers they don’t have a clue in the world what is going on. Then cannot figure out why all they are doing is spinning their “wheels”. Some realize quickly they went down the wrong path and either change plans or pull the plug.

The most important point is YOU need to test and evaluate everything your self. Make your decisions based upon for fact results, amazon might work for you if the right combination is found, if so run with it.

4 Likes

Oh very clear and concise explanation. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will be able to see the FBA fee next to your listing.

1 Like