Import and sale of sunglasses

Hi there !

Does anyone have some experience or FDA advice importing sunglasses from Alibaba and selling them on Amazon FBA please?

Thank you

From what I know, some sunglasses are considered to be Class 1 medical device by the FDA. This means they have federal regulations that they need to comply with.

Review this article to learn more:

6 Likes

4 Likes

If you value your and your customer’s eyes, don’t!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Why? they are just decorative sunglasses. You can buy similar on eBay.

Just trying this niche to see how they will sell….

Sorry, I’ve never heard of this before.

Sunglasses are meant to protect your eyes. Some may make you look pretty (this is up for debate) or rich (or stupid enough to pay hundreds for a bit of plastic with an expensive brand on) but as a minimum, they must protect the eyes from harmful UV rays.

3 Likes

I BEG YOUR PARDON !

I must be “stupid” enough to purchase Coach sunglasses. Not because they are an “expensive brand,” but because they are large enough to block out rays from the sides. You see, they prevent me from getting vicious headaches.

Boy, you do have a way with words! :rage:

3 Likes

Something like these?

51UhTp-RC0L.AC_UX522

4 Likes

Oh, wow! Those are soooo coool. Where ever did you find them? They would look great whenever I drive my truck!

These are the ones I was “stupid” enough to buy.

Glasses this big are so hard to find. These are perfect, and I have been using them for decades.

3 Likes

It all depends on whether you want to risk being held accountable for violating FDA guidelines. Most of these cheap sunglasses you see on eBay have no certificates. But all is well as long as they are not caught.

2 Likes

The correct answer.

1 Like

amazon.

These are targeting welders.

They go upto shade 13 and that is for some serious welding. They forget to tell people how bad their face will get burned since these are not full face. A long time ago while doing a big project I forgot to button up my top shirt button. Talk about a nasty sunburn that looked like an upside down triangle. They might be okay if you are overlooking cutting on a plasma table, but, for welding no. Gas cutting/brazing might be okay but you don’t usually go over shade 3 or 4.

2 Likes

I was wondering what they were used for. I never would have guessed welding. Bet they would leave your nose with a super sunburn. :hot_face:

3 Likes

I am not sure if these protect eyes, but they fit your description:

3 Likes

My apologies. I’ll rephrase:

(or stupid enough to pay hundreds for a bit of plastic with an expensive brand on, except those that have a good reason and of course, it’s their freedom of choice in any case, whatever my opinion is)

:wink:

2 Likes

You’re still calling me “stupid.”

1 Like

I would like to sell these decorative, inexpensive sunglasses. I suppose that if there is a warning stating that they do not provide protection, everything will be fine. Many sellers are offering party supplies and decorative sunglasses without certificates.