I'm trying to wrap my arms around some questions about my inventory. Can someone help?

1. Is there a single place I can reconcile the number of units I have of a product? Right now the number sold and the number in inventory don’t match the number of units I sent in

2. I have units still in FC Transfer and FC Processing for over a month. Has someone experienced this and know the reason?

3. I was under the impression that I get free storage for the first 12 months as a seller but I was charged. Why was that?

1. Check your shipments to see if you can reconcile. You can always submit a case they’ll eventually point you to the correct location.

2. FC Transfer and FC Processing can take ages this time of year because it’s the holidays

3. No. Amazon is not generous. Their wording is also BS most of time: Grow online sales with Amazon | Perfect Launch Program

5 Likes

Amazon starts charging Monthly inventory storage fees as long as you have inventory in the Fulfillment centers.

Base monthly storage fees are charged to all inventory in a fulfillment center. Charges vary based on product size tier and time of year.

Some sellers are also subject to a Storage utilization surcharge in addition to the base monthly storage fee.

During October through December the fees quadruple.

5 Likes
  1. A seller actually sent their shipment to one address, but it’s Amazon that can take some units and can start showing them in FC transfer and FC processing. So, in that case, you cannot manually reconcile the shipment.

2. It’s an ongoing issue with Amazon to keep showing the inventory in FC transfer and FC processing.

3. It could be because you did not sell your first shipment quickly, for which you were charged a storage fee.

2 Likes

In my experience, Amazon will sell items that are being transferred to another facility. I would recommend going in and looking at your orders and don’t count the sale unless it says payment complete. That’s the only time the sale is actually done and could be why your inventory numbers are not matching up.

Also, Amazon will receive your shipment and then transfer products across the entire country to make it easier to provide prime shipping. So when you see a product in facility transfer, you can go to your shipment click on that shipment open it up and see exactly which facilities it’s transferring product too. If you need help, let me know.

1 Like