I'm not sure if this is true, but the one who told me said he knows from an insider

Something interesting I heard is that whenever we see Amazon selling a brand which is not theirs, it’s actually the brand selling but it shows as Amazon selling.

Not sure about it. Because I don’t think brands would sell their products at a very cheap price, this would hurt their authorized retailers/suppliers/distributors. To support this, I notice that if the brand is selling they usually put the price a little bit higher and you can easily acquire it at a lower price to any wholesalers and make profit from it.

1 Like

True. By chance, I met a huge Amz seller last year and he told me that their products were so popular and good that Amazon asked them to sell them under their name.

1 Like

Is this called vendor center?

2 Likes

Yes there is another central for suppliers called vendor central.

But some times i see the brand selling and Amazon selling on the same listing. Can anyone explain that? I imagine their seller support will be as worse as seller centrals

1 Like

I have noticed the same. How ? One day a brand sent me a screenshot of delivery of goods in that screenshot I saw the tab of Amazon businesses. And most of the listings are being sold by amazon. Brand itself is not there as a seller. So I second you in observations.

1 Like

I would think amazon just selling the brand , otherwise i would have had 99999999999 ip claims

1 Like

I suspected this… because once i contacted a brand owner asking if I could sell their product on Amazon, but they said they already are selling . However when I looked there’s only Amazon selling…

But what I don’t understand is that why Amazon seems to be selling some brand products at lower price than the brand’s distributors (wholesale) outside Amazon.

2 Likes

Vendor Central is just the tool that brands/vendors use to set up ASINs that Amazon buy from them or distributors. Its then used by them to manage purchase orders from Amazon.

Nothing more than that.

Fact.

1 Like

Yes it’s brand itself selling via vendor central!

1 Like