If you’re selling using the retail arbitrage model, are the reviews going towards you as the seller or towards the product being sold itself?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Product reviews go to the product being sold. Seller feedback reviews go to you personally.

1 Like

It depends on what the buyer wants to do.
You can leave product reviews and reviews of the seller.

If you are selling out of China and use FBA then amazon will strike ALL of your negative feedbacks regardless if amazon prime is at fault or not. That is how they build the market for FBA over
there.

4 Likes

So, if the buyer leaves a product feedback, then it will not be counted for me as a positive point on my seller page and if they review me as a seller, then no stars will be added to the product?

Yes, I believe that is correct.

Only thing that amazon will do is act on negatives, they use fear and intimidation to control sellers.

The negatives are used as a “proxy” so you cannot directly attribute the hate and negativity to amazon.

3 Likes

Is this the same as on eBay or will Amazon do something when I receive a negative review for a product or seller? How many negative ratings can I get without getting suspended?

That I don’t know, what I can say is that back during covid and the USPS was having issues the negatives were unreal. If memory is correct ebay removed around a 100 or so negatives from our account. The bullies were using feedback extortion and we do not give in. So, they made a mess and ebay did clean that up and we are very grateful for that. In 25 years I have not had 100 negatives total over several accounts, pretty sure they looked at our performance and seen we were under attack.

Best thing is to travel the high road and avoid selling products to low end buyers and specific demographics.

4 Likes

Thank you @skeeter. I was asking because there are so many sellers with nothing but negatives on their seller page who are still selling.

1 Like

On amazon feeback is used by amazon to entice sellers from china into using FBA.

Go in and look at the all the strike outs amazon does for them. They see it as benefit for using FBA services. Just looked at one the other day, every 4th feedback was a strike out. If amazon’s FBA service actually did drop the ball that many times the BoD would be firing C suite members. It becomes very obvious what is going on. Never would have seen that if the product I purchased was accurately described…Think about that and then apply amazon’s scale to that one sampling…

So much at play here, all you can do is be proactive, look at all the negatives and try to avoid them because negatives turn into significant loss for you as a seller.

6 Likes

If you looked at the majority of my Amazon stores, you wouldn’t believe your eyes, since there isn’t anything but walls of negative feedbacks. In fact, thousands of orders are being processed and the only buyers who take their time to leave a feedback are the most unreasonable, entitled and confused ones - who give me a negative.

I wouldn’t be selling if Amazon was suspending over your rate of negatives. When it comes to defects, you can have one order with a defect out of 100 sales and still maintain good Order Defect Rate at 1%.

Over the past month, I received the following example negatives:

• A buyer complaining that their phone number was displayed on the package (I printed the shipping label from Amazon)
  • Buyer who placed order on Christmas Eve complaining that their order did not arrive by Christmas (Expected Delivery Date was on 9.February 2024 and order was delivered on 7.January 2024 from Slovakia)
  • Buyer complaining about receiving a free gift pouch and not gift box
  • Buyer of a $2 silver plated ring complaining that the ring “LOOKS CHEAP AND IS NOT STERLING SILVER”
  • Buyer of antiqued silver tone pendant complaining that the pendant doesn’t look shiny new
  • Buyer of non-openable locket pendant with “Non-openable” in the product title complaining that the locket doesn’t open

Unfortunately, the likes of Amazon literally led to the creation of a generation of heartless, entitled people who are willing to take roof from over someone’s head just because they are not fully satisfied with something.

5 Likes

Reviews in the retail arbitrage model typically apply to the product itself rather than the seller, as the seller is essentially acting as a middleman. However, customer service and shipping speed can still impact the seller’s reputation.

3 Likes

Each buyer can leave both a product review and seller feedback.

1 Like

ebay is just as bad. It is shocking what has been going on for so many years.

That is racial discrimination when seller of an ethnicity other than yours is given preferential treatment.

Sellers not using FBA are bullied and attacked yet those using FBA are protected. This is stuff the governments need to address…

4 Likes

On many occasions, Amazon won’t remove feedbacks for FBA orders either

2 Likes

Sure do see MANY sellers from one country getting so negative feedbacks removed. I we had every 4th feedback as negative we would be shut down.

3 Likes

Thankfully, there are so many new marketplaces emerging I am losing count of them. Young people under 30 aren’t shopping on Amazon anymore. The new marketplaces work on such principle, that the platform itself generates you postal labels and all you do is ship to the buyer. When something goes wrong, the marketplace will refund the buyer and also let the seller keep the money. If this happens repeatedly with the buyer/seller, then the individual gets suspended. There is no reason for anyone to lie, not to get their account flagged.

3 Likes