I received this email below from Amazon today. I honestly have no idea what this means. Can someone help? Thanks

Dear Amazon Developer,

You are receiving this message because you are a registered user of Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS).

This notice is to inform you that your application does not comply with the Amazon Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Amazon Marketplace Developer Agreement because it is using the incorrect authorization model.

In order to comply with Amazon’s policies and maintain your access, we will reset your MWS credentials in 14 days to ensure that your MWS access is secure. After you receive your new credentials, you will need to update the configuration of your software as necessary.

As a reminder, never share your MWS credentials with a third-party application. Sharing your MWS credentials with third-party services is a violation of the Amazon AUP.

Acceptable Use Policy:

Amazon Marketplace Developer Agreement:

Are you using any third party software to help with running your account? The notification relates to that.

Check in Settings: User Permissions : Third-party developer and apps. Anything listed there?

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am not a developer and I never heard of this service before.

It means a piece of software or browser plugin or something you have given access to on Amazon isn’t valid anymore.

2 Likes

Help us to help you. Have you looked in Settings: User Permissions : Third-party developer and apps as I suggested?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there is nothing in user permissions. I emailed them back asking for clarification and will be sharing updates once I have a reply.

Thank you all

Anything in Settings : User Permissions: Amazon MWS Developer Access Keys?

So I heard back from Seller Support. In 14 days, one of our apps is going to become invalid. I’m sure Amazon KNOWS which app is the problem, it would be so much easier if they could just identify the problem for us.

GoDaddy Bookkeeping says it’s not them. Scanpower: same, Sellerchamp, same. I don’t think I heard back from Inventory Lab, but since it seems to be the one that most other sellers and I have in common, I believe it is their issue. I guess we will find out when Amazon deactivates the key. My concern is the looming threat of “violation”…

1 Like