I listed an item for sale that had a transparency code but someone reported my item as counterfeit

What to do now? Why would they report me?

Is it your brand?

No it’s not my brand it’s an apparently already branded item and I clicked “sell this item” and my item was blocked from being sold. Are we not supposed to use other listings that are already on Amazon. I’m confused.the items are brand new

1 Like

So where did u get the brands transparency codes to put on ur stock?

They were already on there when I got them. I got the items from a local market in my area. But from the email I got the “rights owner” made the complaint. What does this mean ?

The transparency code on your item may not have been widely recognized, leading to suspicions of counterfeiting. To resolve this, provide clear documentation of authenticity and verify the code’s legitimacy with the platform or authorities. Communicate openly with the reporting party to address their concerns and explain your item’s authenticity.

1 Like

Yes, only if you have approval to sell in certain categories and/or particular brands.

Had you used the proper way to list your item using the Add one product at a time feature from Seller Central you might have found out it was a gated product.

3 Likes

If you’re trying to sell items on Amazon that are already listed by other sellers, you should typically be able to do so, especially if the items are brand new and match the existing product listings. However, there are certain restrictions and requirements when selling on Amazon, such as being a registered seller, adhering to Amazon’s policies, and ensuring the items are in the correct condition.

2 Likes

its usually someone else selling the same item at a higher price