I had a customer get a full refund for two units because “ product not as described”

My question is what happens next? How can I examine the product and dispute the refund?

This was a FBA sale.

Here’s how that works:

FBA inventory reimbursement policy: Customer return claims

Sometimes a customer is refunded for your item, but the item isn’t returned to a fulfillment center within 60 days of the refund. When this situation occurs, in most cases we’ll charge the customer and reimburse you.

If a customer returns your item to a fulfillment center within 60 days of the refund, we’ll first determine the condition of the returned item. If the returned item is sellable, we’ll return the item to your inventory and will not reimburse you.

If the returned item is unsellable, we’ll determine who is responsible for the condition. If we find Amazon is responsible for an unsellable return, we’ll reimburse you and will not add the item back to your inventory.

Refer to the FBA inventory reimbursement policy: Customer return claims for additional information.

Many times the customer uses the “not as described” excuse because they don’t want to pay the return shipping.

8 Likes

Its normal and unfortunately you can’t get any help from support team because its part of amazon guidelines.

They offer 30 days refund and return policy even with lame reasons.

5 Likes

I have clear images and everything is exactly what I am selling. So I will call contact support and see what they can do to help.

FBA customers are eligible to obtain a refund for any randomly selected reason. If they fail to return the product within 45 days, Amazon should credit you the funds back.

(Most buyers won’t bother to return the product)

1 Like

How did you come by these images?

I don’t think you can dispute a FBA refund and demand compensation from Amazon. This is how FBA works. If you need to inspect returns, then do FBM.

That is meaningless too, you do a partial refund they will open a case and the agents at the online market places will still refund the balance, hit your metrics, kick your search ranking/buy box status into the dirt and you are STILL OUT THE MONEY PLUS it negatively impacts future sales…

All you can do is let the bullies push you around if you want to continue to sell.

4 Likes

Usually, in cases of A-Z claims over return condition disagreements, Amazon will fund the claim and there will be no metrics hit.

1 Like

Pretty sure in the past they were hitting ours and we got burned on all of them, that could be due to it being the USA platform??

On all platforms. A-Z claims over return disagreements are typically Amazon Funded.

You should use one of my templates for the best result:

A-Z Claim Guide Thread - #13 by Kika

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing the information. I tried to bookmark it and did not find that button, please let me know where it is located.

1 Like

Right now there is no bookmark function on the forum but we can add it.

Feel free to save the link.

1 Like

The only problem? I can’t just bookmark a single post. I have to bookmark the entire topic. I just copy out what I’m looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out. I will have a look once I have time.

I wanted to make the forums more simple and remove extra features, but it may be possible to introduce post bookmarks.

1 Like

Is there any way for me to check if the unit was already returned or not?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes.

You can view a list of returned FBA purchases in the FBA Customer Returns report

You’re welcome, and best wishes…

1 Like